Ultimate Dragon Bowl
Daphne's spicy vegetarian one-bowl green meal is hot, but won't make you breathe fire!
- step-by-step directions
Ultimate Dragon Bowl
- 1 large Sweet Potato (peeled and diced in 1/2-inch pieces)
- Olive Oil
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 ; 14 ounce can Chickpeas (drained, rinsed, dried)
- 2 teaspoons Dried Cumin
- 2 teaspoons Smoked Paprika
- 2 Cloves Garlic (smashed)
- 2 Cups Leftover Cooked Brown Rice
- 1 tablespoon fresh Oregano
- Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 5 ribs Green Kale (stemmed and chiffonade)
- 1 Avocado (diced)
- 4 Eggs
- Sriracha (to serve)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. In a medium bowl, toss the Sweet Potato in Olive Oil, Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper. Spread on a rimmed baking sheet and roast until tender, about 20 minutes. Set aside.
- In a sauté pan, heat 1/2-inch of Olive Oil over medium-high heat. Add the Chickpeas to the Oil, and fry on all sides until golden brown and crispy, about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, combine the Cumin and Smoked Paprika in a large bowl with a pinch of Salt and whisk together to combine. Use a spider or slotted spoon to remove Chickpeas from Oil to the bowl with the spices. Toss to coat and reserve.
- Heat a medium cast iron skillet over medium-low heat. Add a few tablespoons of Olive Oil, enough to coat the bottom of the pan. Add the whole Garlic Cloves and cook until golden and very fragrant. Using a slotted spoon, remove the cloves and discard.
- Add the Brown Rice, Oregano, and Crushed Red Pepper Flakes, stirring together, and then raise heat to medium, and allow the Rice to cook undisturbed until it begins to crisp on the bottom. Add the Kale and a pinch of Salt, cooking until the Kale wilts.
- Scoop the Rice out and divide among the serving bowls. Divide the roasted Sweet Potato and Avocado evenly among the serving bowls.
- Wipe out the Rice pan, place back over medium heat and add another few tablespoons of Olive Oil. Crack the Eggs into the pan and fry to desired done-ness. Season with Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper. Place an Egg in each bowl, and sprinkle the fried Chickpeas over the Egg and serve with Sriracha.
Pea Pesto Pasta
Herbed Asparagus Frittata with Pea Shoot Salad
Striped Bass with Endive and Spring Onions
Vanilla Bean Creme Brulee
Poule au Pot
Braised Lamb with Spring Vegetables
Peas and Carrots with Polenta
Asparagus & Cheese Tart
Spinach & Artichoke Puffs
Roast Chicken with Lemon-Sage Pan Sauce