Vegan Pumpkin Banana Muffins
Super tasty muffins!
- step-by-step directions
Vegan Pumpkin Banana Muffins:
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 4 ripe bananas (peeled, mashed)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup grapeseed oil
- 2 teaspoon vanilla paste
- 1/4 cup oats
- 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- confectioners' sugar (for dusting, optional)
- For the Vegan Pumpkin Banana Muffins: Preheat oven to 350º F. Line a muffin tin with 12 liners. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add whole wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves. Whisk to combine.
- In a large bowl, add mashed bananas, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, grapeseed oil and vanilla paste. Slowly add flour mixture, whisking until just combined. Scoop batter into prepared muffin tin.
- For the Oat Topping: In a small bowl, add oats, sugar, salt, and grape seed oil; stir to combine. Evenly distribute mixture amongst the top of the muffins and gently press it into muffins slightly.
- Bake muffins for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Set aside and allow to cool slightly. Dust with powdered sugar if desired and serve.
- Tip: Get creative! Add your favorite topping to the muffins before baking!
Similar categories: Muffins, Scones, Coffee Cakes & Other Sweet Breads
Camp Stew (Budae Jiggae)
Salmon with Chimichurri Sauce and Cauliflower Mash
Cornmeal Apple Crumble Skillet
Pork and Beef Meatballs
Savory Rye French Toast with Corned Beef Hash and Cheddar Onion Butter
Paella with Chorizo, Shrimp, Calamari, Mussels, Green Peas, and Curry Butter
Strawberry Linzer Cheesecake
Ricotta Gnudi with Brown Butter and Sage