Vegetable Lo Mein
This Vegetable Lo Mein is the perfect weeknight meal!
- step-by-step directions
Vegetable Lo Mein
- 4 large zucchini
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced, or 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp grated fresh ginger, or 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 red, yellow, or orange bell pepper, sliced
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1 cup shredded rotisserie chicken
- 2 Tsp toasted sesame oil
- 4 Tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- ground black pepper to taste
- hot sauce (optional)
- 1 scallion (green onion), sliced, for garnish
- To make zucchini noodles, cut off the ends of the zucchini and julienne using a spiral slicer to create noodle strands. If you don't have a spiral slicer, use a vegetable peeler or knife. (You can peel the zucchini or leave the skin intact.) Wrap the noodle strands in a few layers of paper towels and squeeze to remove some of the moisture.
- Liberally coat a large skillet with nonstick oil spray and warm it over medium heat. Saute the onion, stirring frequently, until it is slightly browned.
- Add the garlic, ginger, and belle pepper. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes, or until the pepper is tender. Add the carrot, chicken, sesame oil, and 2 tablespoons of the soy sauce. Continue to cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Finally, add the zucchini and the remaining 2 tablespoons soy sauce. Cook for about 2 minutes, or until zucchini noodles are tender. Add pepper and hot sauce, if desired. Serve with scallions on top.
Chocolate Peppermint Marshmallows
Molasses Glazed Ham with Sweet Potato Buttermilk Biscuits
Peppermint Chocolate Torte
Fried Meatballs Stuffed with Mozzarella
Gingerbread Man Cookie Sandwiches
Perfectly Spiced Roast Chicken
Classic Holiday Brisket
5 Ingredient Crinkle Cookies
Polenta with Sausage Ragu and Fresh Mozzarella