A tasty tempura makes your veggies oh so delicious.
- step-by-step directions
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 2 cups Rice Flour (plus additional to dredge)
- 2 cups Ice Cold Seltzer Water
- pinch Salt
- 1 head Broccoli (cut into large; evenly sized pieces)
- 1 head Cauliflower (cut into large; evenly sized pieces)
- 3 Carrots (peeled and cut into evenly sized pieces)
- 1/4 pound Green Beans (trimmed)
- 1/4 pound Shiitake Mushrooms (trimmed; cut into evenly sized pieces)
- 1/2 pound Asparagus (trimmed; cut into evenly sized pieces)
- Vegetable Oil (for frying)
- Soy Dipping Sauce
- 1/2 cup Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 3 tablespoons Rice Wine Vinegar
- 2 Scallions (thinly sliced)
- 1 tablespoon Ginger (grated)
- 1 teaspoon Sesame Oil
- Lemon Juice (to taste)
- Sambal Oelek (to taste)
- Wasabi Dipping Sauce
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Wasabi Paste
- Juice and zest of 1 Lime
- Preheat 2-3 inches of Vegetable Oil to 360°F.
- Whisk Salt and Pepper into the Flour.
- In a bowl, mix the Egg Yolks and Seltzer Water. Add the Flour at once, and mix until just combined -- there should be lumps and the Flour should not be completely integrated.
- Dredge the Vegetables in the additional Flour, and then dip in the batter to coat.
- Fry for 3 to 4 minutes, until batter is very crispy. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate and season with Salt. Serve immediately with dipping sauces.
- For the Soy Dipping Sauce: Stir together all ingredients, and adjust to taste with Lemon and Sambal.
- For the Wasabi Dipping Sauce: Stir together the Yogurt, Wasabi and Lime. Adjust to taste and serve.
Similar categories: Ingredients Vegetables Courses & Meals Appetizers, Starters & Snacks Vegetable Appetizers Cuisine Vegetarian Other Side Dishes
Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding
Blackberry Ricotta Pizza
Flourless Chocolate Cake with Peanut Brittle
Peach and Sriracha Chicken Over Coconut Rice
Quinoa and Shrimp Medley
Skordalia and Roasted Beets
Roasted Carrots and Chickpeas with Feta Vinaigrette
Double Decker Buffalo Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Spring Orzo Salad
Swiss Chard and Feta Turnovers
Donut Puffs with Coffee Mousse