Daphne's favorite dish is her veggie chili! Give it a try!
- step-by-step directions
- 2 tablespoons Canola Oil
- 4 smashed Cloves of Garlic
- 1 large Yellow Onion (chopped)
- 1 bag Corn (frozen or fresh)
- 2 medium Zucchinis (sliced and diced)
- 1 16 oz can of Roasted Tomatoes (chopped) and juice from can
- 2 cans Kidney Beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 can Black Beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 bottle Beer
- 1 cup Vegetable Stock
- 1/4 cup Chili Powder
- 2-3 tablespoons Cumin
- 2-3 Bay Leaves
- 2 tablespoon Oregano
- 2 Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce (chopped)
- shredded Cheddar
- Chopped Avocado
- Fresh Lime Juice
- Sour Cream
- 2 tablespoons Tomato Paste
- In a large heavy pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add onions, garlic, and sauté until translucent.
- Add zucchini and corn and sauté for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add tomato paste, chopped tomatoes and juice from tomato can. Then add all salt, pepper, herbs and spices. Stir well.
- Add 1-2 chopped chipotle peppers and beans (1-2 is your call depending on how spicy you like things). Stir well.
- Add beer and vegetable stock until liquid covers all ingredients in the pot.
- Bring to a boil, and then reduce heat to medium low. Simmer for a half-hour, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, and adjust seasonings to taste.
- Serve with shredded cheddar, chopped avocado and fresh lime juice or sour cream (all are your choice)
Rock Shrimp and Egg Sandwich
Apple Tarte Tatin
Buttermilk Semifreddo with Candied Peaches
Cast-Iron Blueberry Cobbler
Green Chicken Enchiladas
Savory Breakfast Cauliflower Bake
Sausage Gravy and Bacon Biscuits
Italian Egg Boat
Waffle Pies with Herbed Eggs
Chai Tea Oatmeal