Daphne's favorite dish is her veggie chili! Give it a try!
- 2 tablespoons Canola Oil
- 4 smashed Cloves of Garlic
- 1 large Yellow Onion (chopped)
- 1 bag Corn (frozen or fresh)
- 2 medium Zucchinis (sliced and diced)
- 1 16 oz can of Roasted Tomatoes (chopped) and juice from can
- 2 cans Kidney Beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 can Black Beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 bottle Beer
- 1 cup Vegetable Stock
- 1/4 cup Chili Powder
- 2-3 tablespoons Cumin
- 2-3 Bay Leaves
- 2 tablespoon Oregano
- 2 Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce (chopped)
- shredded Cheddar
- Chopped Avocado
- Fresh Lime Juice
- Sour Cream
- 2 tablespoons Tomato Paste
- In a large heavy pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add onions, garlic, and sauté until translucent.
- Add zucchini and corn and sauté for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add tomato paste, chopped tomatoes and juice from tomato can. Then add all salt, pepper, herbs and spices. Stir well.
- Add 1-2 chopped chipotle peppers and beans (1-2 is your call depending on how spicy you like things). Stir well.
- Add beer and vegetable stock until liquid covers all ingredients in the pot.
- Bring to a boil, and then reduce heat to medium low. Simmer for a half-hour, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, and adjust seasonings to taste.
- Serve with shredded cheddar, chopped avocado and fresh lime juice or sour cream (all are your choice)