Daphne's favorite dish is her veggie chili! Give it a try!
- step-by-step directions
- 2 tablespoons Canola Oil
- 4 smashed Cloves of Garlic
- 1 large Yellow Onion (chopped)
- 1 bag Corn (frozen or fresh)
- 2 medium Zucchinis (sliced and diced)
- 1 16 oz can of Roasted Tomatoes (chopped) and juice from can
- 2 cans Kidney Beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 can Black Beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 bottle Beer
- 1 cup Vegetable Stock
- 1/4 cup Chili Powder
- 2-3 tablespoons Cumin
- 2-3 Bay Leaves
- 2 tablespoon Oregano
- 2 Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce (chopped)
- shredded Cheddar
- Chopped Avocado
- Fresh Lime Juice
- Sour Cream
- 2 tablespoons Tomato Paste
- In a large heavy pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add onions, garlic, and sauté until translucent.
- Add zucchini and corn and sauté for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add tomato paste, chopped tomatoes and juice from tomato can. Then add all salt, pepper, herbs and spices. Stir well.
- Add 1-2 chopped chipotle peppers and beans (1-2 is your call depending on how spicy you like things). Stir well.
- Add beer and vegetable stock until liquid covers all ingredients in the pot.
- Bring to a boil, and then reduce heat to medium low. Simmer for a half-hour, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, and adjust seasonings to taste.
- Serve with shredded cheddar, chopped avocado and fresh lime juice or sour cream (all are your choice)
Speedy Huevos Rancheros
Mediterranean Potato Pancake
Cashew Chicken and Bok Choy
Braised Chicken Thighs with Caramelized Onions and Egg Noodles
Easy Tiramisu Cake
Grilled Skirt Steak with Charred Tomatillo Salsa
Gluten Free Coconut Pancake
Chickpea and Lentil Curry Over Toasted Pita
Marinated Pork T-Bones
Tuna Noodle Casserole with Potato Chip Topping
California Veggie Burger
Spaghetti Squash Latkes