Cool off with this refreshing dish!
Carla Hall's Watermelon Granita
- 1/2 large seedless Watermelon (cut into cubes)
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1/3 cup Water
- 3 Limes (cut into wheels and blanched)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- In a small saucepot, warm the water over medium heat, just below a boil, whisk in the sugar to dissolve. Add the blanched lime wheels, and allow to steep for 10 minutes. Add lime juice. Remove from heat and cool. Strain the limes out.
- In a blender, combine the watermelon and lime simple syrup. Blend until completely smooth.
- Pour into a casserole dish, cover with plastic, and freeze.
- After an hour or after it is halfway frozen, scrape with a fork to loosen the top. Refreeze, and once it has frozen another hour, repeat the fork scraping. Repeat the procedure until the granita has completely frozen. Serve in individual glasses.