White Fish Melt
This white fish melt is the perfect lunch!
- step-by-step directions
White Fish Melt
- 1 pound smoked white fish (skin removed)
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt (or sour cream)
- 3 stalks celery (sliced)
- 1 jalapeno (sliced)
- 4 scallions (sliced)
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
Celery Root Remoulade
- 1 medium celery root (peeled and grated)
- 2 sweet gherkins (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 lemon (zested and juiced)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon hot and sweet mustard
- 1 teaspoon sherry vinegar
- 6 slices white Pullman bread
- 6 slices gruyere cheese (1/2 pound)
- Preheat oven to broil.
- In a large bowl, add the whitefish, Greek yogurt, celery, scallions, jalapeno and celery seed. Fold together.
- Place 6 pieces of bread onto a baking sheet, divide the white fish salad onto the 6 pieces of bread, top with cheese and place under broiler until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve White Fish Melt with Celery Root Remoulade on the side.
- For the Remoulade: to a medium bowl, add celery root, sweet gherkins, mayonnaise, salt, lemon zest and juice, mustard and sherry vinegar, whisk to combine.
- Use a food processor fitted with a grater attachment to grate the celery root.
- Substitute smoked fish with canned tuna fish!
rate this recipe
Cannelloni al Forno
Skordalia and Roasted Beets
Rock Shrimp and Egg Sandwich
Apple Tarte Tatin
Buttermilk Semifreddo with Candied Peaches
Cast-Iron Blueberry Cobbler
Green Chicken Enchiladas
Savory Breakfast Cauliflower Bake
Sausage Gravy and Bacon Biscuits
Italian Egg Boat