White Fish Melt
This white fish melt is the perfect lunch!
- step-by-step directions
White Fish Melt
- 1 pound smoked white fish (skin removed)
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt (or sour cream)
- 3 stalks celery (sliced)
- 1 jalapeno (sliced)
- 4 scallions (sliced)
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
Celery Root Remoulade
- 1 medium celery root (peeled and grated)
- 2 sweet gherkins (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 lemon (zested and juiced)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon hot and sweet mustard
- 1 teaspoon sherry vinegar
- 6 slices white Pullman bread
- 6 slices gruyere cheese (1/2 pound)
- Preheat oven to broil.
- In a large bowl, add the whitefish, Greek yogurt, celery, scallions, jalapeno and celery seed. Fold together.
- Place 6 pieces of bread onto a baking sheet, divide the white fish salad onto the 6 pieces of bread, top with cheese and place under broiler until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve White Fish Melt with Celery Root Remoulade on the side.
- For the Remoulade: to a medium bowl, add celery root, sweet gherkins, mayonnaise, salt, lemon zest and juice, mustard and sherry vinegar, whisk to combine.
- Use a food processor fitted with a grater attachment to grate the celery root.
- Substitute smoked fish with canned tuna fish!
Skordalia and Roasted Beets
Rock Shrimp and Egg Sandwich
Apple Tarte Tatin
Buttermilk Semifreddo with Candied Peaches
Cast-Iron Blueberry Cobbler
Green Chicken Enchiladas
Savory Breakfast Cauliflower Bake
Sausage Gravy and Bacon Biscuits
Italian Egg Boat
Waffle Pies with Herbed Eggs
Chai Tea Oatmeal