From Ina's book, "Make It Ahead," this Kale, Brussels Sprouts, and Radicchio slaw with Cranberries and Parmesan is the perfect side to serve alongside your favorite pork dish!
- step-by-step directions
- ½ pound Large Kale Leaves (center rib removed, 6 to 8 leaves)
- 6 ounces Brussels Sprouts (trimmed, halved, & cored)
- ½ small Head Radicchio (cored)
- 1/4 cup Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice (2 lemons)
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt & Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 chunk Parmesan cheese (6-ounce)
- 1 cup Dried Cranberries
- With a very sharp chef's knife, cut the kale, Brussels sprouts, and radicchio crosswise in thin shreds, as you would cut cabbage for coleslaw, and place them in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl or liquid measuring cup, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Pour enough dressing on the salad to just moisten it, reserving the rest.
- Shave the Parmesan in big shards with a vegetable peeler. Add the cheese and dried cranberries to the salad and toss it carefully to avoid breaking up the cheese. Check for seasonings, add more vinaigrette, if necessary, and serve cold or at room temperature.
Similar categories: Ingredients Vegetables Kale Brussels Sprouts Courses & Meals Dinner Holidays & Occasions Thanksgiving Thanksgiving Sides Christmas
Cannelloni al Forno
Skordalia and Roasted Beets
Rock Shrimp and Egg Sandwich
Apple Tarte Tatin
Buttermilk Semifreddo with Candied Peaches
Cast-Iron Blueberry Cobbler
Green Chicken Enchiladas
Savory Breakfast Cauliflower Bake
Sausage Gravy and Bacon Biscuits
Italian Egg Boat