Don't mistake this for a dessert, this eggy, bread side dish is the perfect accompaniment for prime rib!
- step-by-step directions
- 3 large Eggs
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup Whole Milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Vegetable Oil or Beef Drippings
- Make-Ahead: Once the Puddings have been baked, they can be cooled and reheated in the oven before serving.
- Using a whisk or an electric mixer, in a large bowl, beat the Eggs with the Flour for about 5 minutes, or until smooth and sticky. The more the Pudding Batter is beaten in the early stage of making it, the better the Puddings will rise when cooked in the oven.
- Gradually beat in the Milk to form a smooth Batter. Add the Salt and set aside to rest for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C.
- Evenly divide 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil between each cup of a 12 count large muffin pan and top each with 3-4 tablespoons of batter.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until the Pudding is set around the sides, puffed, and golden brown. Remove the pan from the oven and lift the Puddings out of the pans and let them dry. Serve the Puddings warm.
- Alternatively, you can make large Pudding using an 8" non-stick pan. Pour about 1/4 cup of Oil into the pan and then pour about 1/3 cup Batter into the pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until puffed and rich golden brown. Remove from the pan and let dry. Serve warm.
Alternatively, you can make large pudding using an 8" non-stick pan. Pour about 1/4 cup of oil into the pan and then pour about 1/3 cup batter into the pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until puffed and rich golden brown. Remove from the pan and let dry. Serve warm.
rate this recipe
Toasted Almond Bons
Chopped Cheese Sandwich
Sweet and Spicy Lemonade Grilled Chicken
Cherry Pink Lemonade
Dutch-Oven Peach Cobbler
Cedar Plank Halibut with Corn Salad
Wedge Salad with Creamy Blue Cheese and Blue Cheese Vinaigrette
Crunchy Vegetable Salad with Pomegranate Dressing
Pork Tenderloin with Apricot Dipping Sauce
Vegan Spinach and Artichoke Dip Triangles
Sunday Lamb Roast with Paloise Sauce