Did someone say carb-less pasta? Clinton shows you how to cut the calories in your favorite Italian dish without sacrificing flavor!
Zucchini Spaghetti with Arugula Pesto
- 3 Zucchini (cut to resemble spaghetti)
- 1 1/2 cup Arugula
- 1 1/2 cups Basil Leaves
- 1/3 cup Walnuts
- 2 Garlic Cloves (smashed)
- 1/2 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Olive Oil
- Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
- Coarse Homemade Breadcrumbs (toasted, to garnish)
- Place the Arugula, Basil, Walnuts, Garlic and Cheese in a food processor and begin pulse. Slowly drizzle in Olive Oil and pulse until the mixture resembles a coarse paste. Season with Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high with a few tablespoons of Olive Oil. Add the Zucchini and toss to coat in Oil.
- Add a few tablespoons of Pesto and toss with the Zucchini. Once the Zucchini begins to take on color, transfer to a platter and top with the toasted Breadcrumbs to taste.
- Serve warm or room temperature.
- You may cut the Zucchini with a spiralizer, a mandolin fitted with a julienne attachment, or shaved thinly with a peeler.
Similar categories: Ingredients Vegetables Zucchini Courses & Meals Dinner Lunch Cuisine Vegetarian Italian