On the April 2nd 2015 episode of "The View" the co-hosts team up with "The Chew" crew for the "The Third Annual 'View/Chew' Cook-Off." Michael Symon and Nicolle Wallace team up to make zucchini keftedes.
Check out the full Zucchini Keftedes Recipe>>
MICHAEL SYMON’S ZUCCHINI KEFTEDES
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 20 mins
- 2 zucchini (grated)
- 1 Tbsp chopped mint
- 3 Tbsp roughly chopped dill
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 scallion (thinly sliced)
- 1 lemon (zested, divided and juiced)
- 4 oz crumbled feta cheese
- kosher salt and freshly grated black pepper
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1/4 Cup flour
- Canola oil (for frying)
- 1 Cup Greek yogurt
- Place the grated zucchini in a clean kitchen towel and ring out any excess water.
- Place in a large mixing bowl and add in the mint, 1 tablespoon of dill, garlic, scallion, half the lemon zest and crumbles feta. Season with salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Add the beaten egg and flour to the mixture and stir.
- Heat about an inch of the oil in a cast iron skillet over medium heat. When the oilis hot drop small scoops, about 2 tablespoons, into the oil and allow to fry.
- Cook for about 2 minutes per side, until golden brown and then remove to a paper towel lined plate and season with salt. Continue until all of the mixture has been used.
- In a small bowl, combine the Greek yogurt, 2 tablespoons of dill and remaining lemon zest and juice, season with salt and pepper and stir to combine.