Little Big Town’s Kimberly Schlapman stopped by the "The View" on the Wednesday April 15th, 2015 show. She shared delicious southern dishes with the co-hosts and showed them how to make “Schlap Happy Bars." Check out the recipe below:
“Schlap Happy Bars"
- 2 sticks (1/2 pound) butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/4 c self-rising flour
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch baking chips
- One 12-ounce bag miniature toffee bars, broken into pieces
Preheat the oven to 375°f. Grease a 9 x 13- inch baking pan. Beat together the butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla in a large bowl until creamy. Add the eggs one at a time, stirring to combine after each one. Add the flour a little at a time and stir to combine after each addition. Stir in the chocolate chunks, butterscotch chips, and toffee chunks. Evenly spread the dough in the baking pan. Bake until golden brown around the edges, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes. Cut into 12 bars and enjoy.
Watch Kimberly make the "Schlap Happy Bars" below: