On the April 2nd 2015 episode of "The View" the co-hosts team up with "The Chew" crew for the "The Third Annual 'View/Chew' Cook-Off." Mario Batali and Whoopi Goldberg partner up to form Team Croc-pot and make salsa roja steak tacos.
Click Here for Full Recipe>>
MARIO BATALI’S SALSA ROJA STEAK TACOS
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 45 mins
Total Time: 1 hr
- 1 Tsp ground chile de arbol
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 2 Tbsp salt
- 1 Lb skirt steak
- olive oil
- corn tortillas (to serve)
- 4 vine ripened tomatoes (cored)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 Tsp chipotle in adobo sauce
- 1 lime (zest and juice)
- hot water as needed
- kosher salt
To Serve :
- Salsa Roja
- cilantro leaves
- Sliced Avocado (optional)
- Cotija cheese (optional)
- Mix together the first 4 ingredients in a bowl.
- Rub the meat and allow to sit for a few minutes while you prepare the grill. Drizzle with olive oil before cooking.
- Preheat grill to medium-high and season with and oiled cloth.
- For steak, cook for about 5-6 minutes, turning once, or until you've reached desired doneness.
- Allow meat to rest for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
- To assemble tacos, heat tortillas on a griddle or in a skillet for a few seconds on each side. Place meat on a tortilla and top with salsa, cilantro, and avocado andcheese if desired.
For Salsa Roja:
- Preheat oven broiler.
- Place the tomatoes and garlic on a baking sheet and broil for a few minutes orjust until the tomatoes begin to char.
- Remove from oven and carefully place in a blender.
- Add the adobo sauce and lime juice.
- Puree, thinning with water as needed to reach a nice thick consistency.
- Adjust seasoning to taste.