1. The silent movie playing during the riddle was the original Frankenstein, from 1910.
2. Off-camera, the special effects artist, John Goodwin, had to get face masks from each contestant and then pour them into molds. Contestants had no idea what he was doing and what it was for. The process took about 45 minutes per person.
3. Both victims' real lipsticks were used to draw on their lips.
4. The door markings were actually made with a key by show creator Anthony Zuiker.
5. The mansion featured a fully functional Turkish spa that production turned in to the morgue.
6. Anthony Zuiker personally placed the droplets of blood on to the hallway floor to ensure that the crime scene matched his script perfectly.