Want to win a golden ticket to American Idol's Hollywood week?
To enter, post a video on Instagram up to sixty (60) seconds in length of you
singing one (1) of the songs below with the hashtag #IdolCMAContest.
- "Love Me Like You Mean It" by Kelsea Ballerini
- "Die a Happy Man" by Thomas Rhett
- "My Church" by Maren Morris
- "Beautiful Crazy" by Luke Combs
- "Cry Pretty" by Carrie Underwood
- "Blue Ain't Your Color" by Keith Urban
- "Tin Man" by Miranda Lambert
- "Different for Girls" by Dierks Bentley
Be sure to read the Official Rules below and follow these guidelines while creating your video:
- Post your video to Instagram with #IdolCMAContest before 8pm PT on Sunday, October 14.
- Sing only one (1) of the designated songs in your video. Do not combine elements from multiple songs.
- Your video should not exceed sixty (60) seconds in length and must be an original submission.
- You may play an instrument (optional), but do not include any additional music.
- Video must not be auto-tuned, enhanced or contain any additional production or editing. Your voice must be completely unaltered.
- Do not include anyone else in your video.
- Video must not include any trademarked or copywritten material (other than your performance of a designated song) or any names of people, brand names, logos, other music, etc.
Three (3) Finalists will win a trip to Nashville to record a video of their singing performance,
which will air during the broadcast of the Country Music Awards and America will vote.
One (1) Grand Prize winner will win a golden ticket to American Idol's Hollywood Week!
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Enter contest by 10/14/18 at 8:00 p.m. PT. Open to legal residents of the 50 U.S. & D.C., 15+, who have the unrestricted right to work in the U.S. and otherwise meet the eligibility requirements for "American Idol." One (1) entry/person. Finalists must travel the week of 11/5/18. See Official Rules below for full details including all eligibility requirements, how to enter, prize descriptions & limitations. Void where prohibited.
No Purchase Necessary to Enter or Win. You must have Internet access, a valid Instagram account and email address to participate. The American Idol CMA Contest ("Contest") is open only to entrants who are legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are between 15 and 28 years of age as of June 1, 2018, have the unrestricted right to work in the United States, and, otherwise meet the eligibility requirements of "American Idol" as set forth herein.
Eligible entrants who are less than the age of majority in their jurisdiction of primary residence (a "Minor") must get a parent/legal guardian's permission before entering. Finalists must travel the week of November 5, 2018. Void where prohibited.
1) CONTEST OVERVIEW: "American Idol" (the "Program") is a reality singing competition show produced by American Idol Productions, Inc. ("Producer"), with the second season of the Program currently anticipated for initial exhibition in 2019 on the ABC Television Network owned by American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. ("ABC"). The Contest is sponsored by Producer and ABC (collectively, "Sponsors").
Sponsors are looking for aspiring singers (each, an "Entrant") to submit a video of their singing performance ("Initial Video") for consideration in the Contest as described herein. The Initial Video must include the Entrant performing one (1) song from among a list of available songs provided by Sponsors in these Official Rules and via www.americanidol.com/rules. Subject to the terms herein, three (3) finalists (each, a "Finalist" and collectively "Finalists") will each win a trip for the Finalist and one (1) guest ("Guest") to Nashville, TN to record a second, broadcast-quality video demonstrating their singing ability ("Finalist Video"). The Initial Video and Finalist Video are each referred to as a "Video" and collectively referred to as "Videos." Each Finalist Video will be edited for presentation in promotional spots (each, a "Spot" and collectively, "Spots") that will air during the broadcast of the Country Music Association Awards on ABC (currently scheduled to air on November 14, 2018) and will be posted on www.AmericanIdol.com/vote ("Voting Site") and/or on the American Idol mobile app (the "App"). After the Spots have aired, the home viewing audience (the "Audience") of the Program will be invited to vote for their favorite Finalist on the Voting Site and/or App. Subject to the terms herein, the Finalist who receives the most eligible votes will receive a golden ticket, i.e., the opportunity to participate as a contestant on the second season of the Program's Hollywood Week, as further described herein.
Entries must be received between October 8, 2018 at 2:00 p.m. PT and October 14, 2018 at 8:00 p.m. PT ("Entry Period"). The Grand Prize winner will be announced on or about November 16, 2018. The period from 2:00 p.m. PT on October 8, 2018 until 11:59 p.m. PT on November 16, 2018 shall be referred to as the "Contest Period."
2) ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible for the Contest, each Entrant must meet the Program's eligibility requirements, which may be found below and via www.americanidol.com/auditions. The Program's eligibility requirements are as follows:
a. On June 1, 2018, you must be between 15 to 28 years old (which means you must be born on or between June 2, 1989 and June 1, 2003). If you were born before or after this window, you are not eligible to participate on the Program.
b. You must be a legal U.S. resident with the unrestricted right to work in the United States throughout the entire competition portion of the Program and through the term of any post show agreements provided by Producer or any of the other "Program Entities" (as defined below).
c. You are ineligible to participate in the Program if you have competed in any previous season of the Program and advanced to the public voting stage of the Program.
d. You must be able to demonstrate to the satisfaction of Producer that you do not have any contractual arrangement that would prohibit you from fully participating in the Program and/or entering into any contracts required by Producer, including, but not limited to, an exclusive recording contract, merchandising contract, a live and/or global touring agreement and an exclusive management contract (subject to Paragraph 2.e below).
e. In the event that you already have a management contract prior to the Contest Period, the requirement to enter into a management contract shall not apply to you provided that you can demonstrate to the satisfaction of Producer and 19 Entertainment that such contract commenced prior to the Contest Period. Prior to being verified as a Finalist, you must timely complete and return such participant agreements, releases and all exhibits, schedules and attachments thereto that will be furnished to you by Producer and/or 19 Entertainment.
f. You must not currently be a candidate for public office and must agree not to become candidate for public office until one (1) year after the initial exhibition of the final episode of the Program in which you appear.
g. As of May 5, 2018 and continuing through the completion of the Program, neither the Entrant nor any of Entrant's immediate family members or members of Entrant's household (whether related or not), may be an employee, officer or director of: (a) NEG Operations Inc. and all majority owned subsidiaries (including, but not limited to, 19 Entertainment Limited, 19 Entertainment, Inc., 19 Recording Services, Inc., 19 Recordings Limited, 19 TV Limited and 19 Publishing, Inc.) (collectively, the "19 Companies"); (b) American Idol Productions, Inc.; (c) American Broadcasting Companies, Inc.; (d) FremantleMedia North America, Inc. ("Fremantle"); (e) Telescope Inc.; (f) any of the foregoing entities' respective parents, subsidiaries or affiliated companies (including without limitation, The Walt Disney Company); (g) any person or entity involved in the casting, auditions, development or production of the Program or any variation thereof; or (h) any person or entity directly supplying prizes to the Program (individually and collectively, as the "Program Entities").
h. You must accurately complete all documents provided by Producer, any of the other Program Entities or any other entity providing services to the Program.
Please note that in order to enjoy the full benefit of any prize offered as part of the Program, you must be a legal U.S. resident with the unrestricted right to work in the United States throughout the entire competition portion of the Program and through the term of any post show agreements provided by Producer or any of the other Program Entities.
With regards to the Program, Producer has the sole discretion to make determinations of Program eligibility, which are binding and final in all respects and not subject to challenge or appeal. In addition, Producer has the sole discretion at any time to render ineligible and disqualify any person who, in Producer's sole discretion, is sufficiently acquainted with the development, production, administration, judging, exhibition or other exploitation of the Program such that his or her participation in the Program could create the appearance of impropriety.
Additionally, neither the Entrant nor any of Entrant's immediate family members or members of Entrant's household (whether related or not), may be an employee, officer or director of LeadDog Marketing Group (the "Contest Administrator"). The Program Entities and the Contest Administrator are collectively referred to herein as the "Contest Entities."
3) CONTEST ENTRY: All Entries must be received by 8:00 p.m. PT on October 14, 2018 (the end of the Entry Period). Producer's computer is the official clock for this Contest.
Entrants may enter the Contest during the Entry Period via Instagram by (i) posting the Initial Video of themselves singing one (1) of the designated songs from a list provided by the Sponsors (each, a "Designated Song"), listed in Section 4 and found at www.AmericanIdol.com/rules; and (ii) including the hashtag "#IdolCMAContest" (the "Contest Hashtag") in your post (collectively, an "Entry"). The Contest Hashtag is not case-sensitive. The Contest Hashtag must be included as part of your Entry in order to be eligible. Any comment(s) included with an Entry will not be considered by Sponsors in judging.
Performing a Designated Song with any musical instrument is optional. Please also see Sections 4 and 5 regarding restrictions that apply to your Entry. As a part of these restrictions, Entrants may NOT submit an Initial Video in which the Entrant's voice/singing voice has been auto-tuned, enhanced, or additionally produced or edited. Entrant's singing voice in the Initial Video must be completely unaltered.
Your Instagram post, posted during the Entry Period that includes both (a) the Contest Hashtag (#IdolCMAContest) and (b) a video of you (the Entrant) singing one of the Designated Songs provided by Sponsors will constitute an Entry into this Contest.
Limit one (1) Entry per person and per Instagram account. In the event multiple Entries are posted from the same account, only the first Entry posted (in chronological order) will be valid and judged by Sponsors. You may only use one (1) Instagram account to participate in the Contest. Entry must be original and created for the sole purpose of this Contest and must be posted by the Entrant. Re-grams will not be accepted. To be eligible for the Contest, Entries must be submitted in compliance with the format and other requirements set forth by Instagram.
If you opt to download and/or access Instagram via your wireless mobile device, data rates may apply in accordance with the terms and conditions of your service agreement with your wireless carrier. Other charges may apply (such as normal airtime and carrier charges as well as charges for wireless Internet access) and may appear on your mobile phone bill or be deducted from your prepaid account balance. Wireless carriers' rate plans may vary, and you should contact your wireless carrier for more information on messaging rate plans and charges relating to your participation in this Contest. Mobile device service may not be available in all areas. Check your phone's capabilities for specific instructions.
4) VIDEO CONTENT:
Entrants MUST choose one and only one of the Designated Songs provided; DO NOT COMBINE ELEMENTS OF DIFFERENT SONGS. The following are the Designated Songs:
1) "Love Me Like You Mean It" by Kelsea Ballerini
2) "Die a Happy Man" by Thomas Rhett
3) "My Church" by Maren Morris
4) "Beautiful Crazy" by Luke Combs
5) "Cry Pretty" by Carrie Underwood
6) "Blue Ain't Your Color" by Keith Urban
7) "Tin Man" by Miranda Lambert
8) "Different for Girls" by Dierks Bentley
The Designated Songs provided by Sponsors in these Official Rules and at www.AmericanIdol.com/rules may only be used in connection with your Entry and only during the Entry Period. Any other use or dissemination of the Designated Songs is prohibited.
THE Initial Video MUST not exceed SIXTY (60) SECONDS in total length. If an Initial Video exceeds sixty (60) seconds in total length, Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to either disqualify the Entry or to only watch and judge the first sixty (60) seconds of the Initial Video.
5) Additional Initial Video Requirements and Entry Restrictions:
Additional Initial Video Requirements:
(i) The Initial Video should feature the Entrant ONLY.
(ii) Other than use of the Designated Song, Initial Video must be an original submission created for this Contest.
(iii) DO NOT COPY OTHERS' WORKS.
(iv) Initial Video must be in English.
(v) Entrant may play an instrument in their Initial Video (optional), but the Initial Video may not include any
(vi) Initial Video must not be auto-tuned, enhanced or contain any additional production or editing. Entrant's singing
voice in the Initial Video must be completely unaltered.
(vii) Initial Video and/or comments and other hashtags included as part of the Entry must not violate any law or
(viii) Other than as allowed herein, Initial Video and/or comments included as part of the Entry must not violate or
infringe any right of any third party, including but not limited to intellectual property rights, such as but not limited
to rights of copyright, trademark or patent, or rights of publicity or privacy.
(ix) Initial Video must not have been submitted in any other competition or contest or widely distributed,
disseminated or publicized (as determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion).
(x) Initial Video must not contain any virus, bugs, or other deleterious material.
In addition to the foregoing requirements, Entries may not contain, and Sponsors and Contest Administrator, in their sole discretion, may disqualify and/or remove any Entry that: (1) is sexually explicit or suggestive, indecent, obscene or offensive, derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, contains nudity, hate speech or drug usage; (2) promotes any particular political agenda or message; (3) disparages any of the Program Entities; (4) contains or promotes illegal conduct; (5) other than as allowed herein, contains copyrighted materials owned by others or infringes on the rights of any third party; or (6) is otherwise inappropriate, objectionable, or unsuitable for the uses contemplated in these Official Rules, as determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion.
The Contest Entities and the other Released Parties (as defined below) will not be responsible or liable for any inability to view an Initial Video due to any technical difficulty, malfunction or failure of any kind.
By entering the Contest, each Entrant agrees not to further publish, distribute or otherwise disseminate their Entries in any medium at any time.
An Entry/Video which violates any of the requirements set forth above may be disqualified at the Sponsors' or Contest Administrator's sole discretion.
Sponsors make the final determination as to which Entries are eligible to take part in this Contest.
Without limiting the foregoing, the above grant of rights includes Sponsors' right to display the Entry, or portions thereof at any time during the Contest Period in their sole discretion. By submitting an Entry, each Entrant (and, in the case of a Minor Entrant, the Minor's parent/legal guardian on his/her behalf) further agrees that if selected as a Finalist: (a) his/her Entry, may be posted by Sponsors on the Voting Website and/or App and that Sponsors shall have no liability in conjunction with the failure to post the Entry; and (b) such posting is FOR ENTERTAINMENT/INFORMATIONAL/ILLUSTRATIVE PURPOSES ONLY and, as such, has no bearing on and is no indication of the Grand Prize winner in the Contest.
Additionally, by submitting an Entry, and to the full extent permitted by law, each Entrant (and, in the case of a Minor Entrant, his/her parent/legal guardian on the Minor's behalf) grants Sponsors and their designees the right to use Entrant's name, biographical information, voice, singing voice, performance, photograph/video(s), life story, image and/or likeness for programming, advertising, publicity and promotional purposes (including, without limitation, in connection with the Program, Producer, ABC and/or their respective sponsors) in any and all media, now or hereafter known, worldwide and in perpetuity, without compensation or additional consents and without prior notice, approval or inspection, and to execute specific written consent to such use if asked to do so.
7) INITIAL VIDEO Judging: All Entries will be judged by a panel of Producer's representatives and designees (collectively, the "Judges"), who will assist in the review of Entries.
Entries will be judged as follows:
All eligible Entries will be judged to determine three (3) Finalists, subject to verification of compliance with these Official Rules and timely submission of all Finalist paperwork (as set forth below in Section 8), based on the following four (4) equally weighted criteria: (A) Singing and Vocal Ability; (B) Quality of Performance; (C) Entertainment Value; and (D) Technical Skill.
In the event of a tie in determining the potential Finalists, an additional Judge will review the tied entries based on the above-referenced criteria to determine the Entry that will advance in the Contest.
8) FINALIST NOTIFICATION & VERIFICATION: Potential Finalists and alternates (each, an "Alternate") will be notified on or about Monday, October 15, 2018 via direct message on Instagram from Sponsor's Instagram account (@americanidol) (the "Finalist Notification"). The notification message will request that the potential Finalists and alternates email the Contest Administrator at the specified email address with specific personal information (e.g., full name, address, phone number, email address, Instagram username). Failure to respond to the initial verification notice within forty-eight (48) hours after notification or return of direct message as undeliverable after two (2) attempts will result in disqualification. Once a potential Finalist or Alternate responds to the Initial Notification, he/she will be provided with an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release and Indemnification, W-9 Tax form, the Producer's Program participant agreement ("Participant Agreement"), as well as any other documents. Sponsors may require (collectively, "Finalist Documents"), which each potential Finalist (and, in the case of a Minor potential Finalist or Alternate, their parent/legal guardian on their behalf) will be required to sign and return no later than seventy two (72) hours of transmission of such Finalist Documents. In addition, each potential Finalist must also meet Producer's requirements used to verify all potential participants for the Program, as described in the Participant Agreement, in order to be verified as a Finalist in this Contest (including but not limited to, Program eligibility verification and background, risk and psychological checks for the Program). If the Finalist Documents are not returned to the Contest Administrator and/or Producer within specified time period, if a potential Finalist otherwise does not meet Producer's Program participant requirements as set forth above, and/or if any potential Finalist refuses or is unable to participate in the "Finalist Trip" (as described below), such potential Finalist may be disqualified. If a potential Finalist is disqualified for any reason, the Entry with the next highest score per Section 7 above will be named a potential Finalist, provided sufficient time remains to ensure that such potential Finalist meets Producer's requirements as described above.
Sponsors reserve the right to advance fewer than three (3) Finalists if, in their sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Entries and/or it is unable to confirm three (3) Finalists prior to the taping of the Spots.
In the event of a dispute involving entries submitted by multiple individuals using the same Instagram account, the Entry will be deemed submitted by the natural person who is the authorized holder of the transmitting email account associated with the Instagram User ID used to participate in the Contest at the time of entry, as long as such person is otherwise eligible to participate in this Contest. The authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by the relevant Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address and he/she must fully comply with these Official Rules.
9) FINALIST PRIZE: The three (3) confirmed Finalists will each receive a trip for the Finalist and one (1) Guest to Nashville, TN to record their Finalist Video ("Finalist Trip"). The Guest for any Finalist under eighteen (18) years of age must be such Finalist's parent, legal guardian or appointed guardian. Finalist Trip will occur the week of November 5, 2018. Finalist Trip will include round-trip, coach-class air transportation for the Finalist and one (1) Guest to a Nashville area airport from an airport near Finalists' residence; 3-day/2-nights hotel accommodations (one room, double occupancy) in a hotel of Sponsors' choice in the Nashville area; round trip ground transportation to and from Nashville area airport and hotel, as well as round trip ground transportation to and from hotel and the taping location of the Spots; and the opportunity for the Finalist to record his/her Finalist Video in a location designated by Sponsors in the Nashville area, as described below. ARV of each Finalist Trip: $3,000.
For the Finalist Videos, each Finalist will have the opportunity to perform approximately sixty (60) seconds of one (1) song. The Finalist may choose the song they will perform from a list of songs that are cleared for broadcast, and will be provided by Sponsors with an arrangement of that song that is approximately sixty (60) seconds in length. Only songs from the cleared list may be performed for the Finalist Video. In the event more than one (1) Finalist requests the same song, Sponsors will randomly determine which Finalist will perform the song for the Finalist Video.
Each Finalist will have up to two (2) takes to perform his or her selected song, which will be filmed by representatives of Sponsors. A Finalist may, at his or her election, use a guitar or piano or have an accompanist (either provided by the Finalist or by Sponsors) play such instrument during the Finalist's performance. If a Finalist performs two (2) takes, Sponsors shall have the sole discretion to determine which of these takes to use for the Finalist Video, and, shall have the right to edit or otherwise modify the footage of these performances in order to edit the footage into the Finalist Video for broadcast and public voting. Sponsors' decisions on such matters are not subject to challenge or appeal. Each Finalist's performance will be edited into a Spot, and all such Spots will be broadcast on November 14, 2018 during the CMA Awards on ABC. In addition, either the broadcast version of the Spots or a longer-form version of each Finalist Video will be posted on the Voting Website and/or App for public voting.
Finalists understand and agree that, as between Sponsors, on the one hand, and Finalists on the other, Sponsors shall own any and all rights in and to the Finalist Videos in and in connection with this Contest. As such, Sponsors may (but are NOT obligated to) broadcast or re-broadcast, in whole or in part, in any format or medium (whether now known or hereafter developed), including the World Wide Web and Internet, the Finalist Videos in and in connection with this Contest, without notification or compensation to Finalist. Finalists further agree, upon request of Sponsors, and without additional compensation of any kind, to sign and return all releases and other necessary documents so as to perfect, record or affect the foregoing rights to the Finalists Videos in all such tapings/segments.
Finalists must travel the week of November 5, 2018 (exact dates to be determined by Sponsors based on projected recording schedule of Finalist Videos; exact dates to be provided no later than time of Finalist winner notification). Once travel is booked, travel dates cannot be changed unless by Sponsors in their sole discretion. If a Finalist is unable to travel once the travel dates are booked, the Finalist Prize will be forfeited in its entirety and Sponsors will have no further obligations to such Finalist. Each Finalist and his/her Guest must travel together on specified itinerary, including same departure date, destination and return date. Certain documentation and requirements may be necessary for travel, such as photo identification. Finalists and their guests are solely responsible for any documentation and requirements and determining applicable procedures and restrictions. In addition, each Finalist (if a Minor, his/her parent, legal guardian or appointed) may be required to present a valid credit card at the hotel at the time of check-in. Finalists and their Guests must provide own transportation to and from departure airport.
There is no retail value associated with the recording portion of the Finalist Prize. Actual final value of the Finalist Prize may vary depending upon point of departure, dates of trip once finally determined, and fare fluctuations; and, under no circumstances will a Finalist receive the difference between ARV and actual final value of the Finalist Trip in cash. If a Finalist lives within 150 miles of the Nashville area (as determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion), he/she will receive, in lieu of air transportation, round-trip local transportation between Finalist's residence and hotel, as determined by Sponsor, and no additional prize or compensation will be awarded. Finalist Trip is for the Finalist and his/her guest, is non-transferable and cannot be extended beyond the date set forth above. Each Finalist is solely responsible for all other expenses related to trip not specified herein, including but not limited to: roundtrip transportation between Finalist's residence and departure airport, airline baggage fees, meals, tips, taxes, travel insurance and hotel incidentals. Air transportation tickets are non-refundable/non-transferable and are not valid for upgrades and/or frequent flyer miles. All air transportation tickets are subject to the vagaries of flight variation, work stoppages and schedule or route changes. Sponsors and their respective agencies are not liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence of flight cancellation/delay.
Finalist's guests must be eighteen (18) years of age or older. Guests must sign and return a travel release prior to issuance of any travel documents. If a Finalist chooses to attend the Finalist Trip alone, Finalist Trip will be awarded in increments suitable for one (1) person with no substitute prize or compensation being provided to the Finalist.
Finalists and their Guests must follow all instructions of Sponsors relative to the Finalist Trip. Failure to do so may result in forfeiture of the prize or opportunity to further advance in the Contest. Should a Finalist and/or his/her Guest fail to adhere to any such instructions or engage in unruly, obnoxious, illegal, threatening, or otherwise inappropriate behavior (as determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion), Sponsors reserve the right, without further notice or warning, to terminate the trip or other applicable experience early, in whole or in part, and send Finalist and/or their Guest home and/or take other actions as Sponsors deem appropriate in their sole discretion without any liability or other obligation to Finalist or Guest.
If any Finalist is a Minor, the applicable prize will be awarded for the benefit of the Minor to his/her parent or legal guardian, who will be solely responsible on behalf of the Minor for all applicable documentation and taxes. Prizes are not redeemable for cash or transferable. No substitutions allowed, except as set forth in these Official Rules and at Sponsor's sole discretion, a prize of comparable or equal value will be provided.
10) AUDIENCE VOTING: Each Finalist Video will be edited into a Spot, and all such Spots will be broadcast on ABC on November 14, 2018 during the broadcast of Country Music Association Awards ("Broadcast"). In addition, either the Broadcast version of the Spots or a longer-form version of each Finalist Video will be posted on the Voting Website and/or App.
Audience voting will begin once the final Spot has aired during the CMA Awards broadcast, which begins on or about 8:00 p.m. ET on November 14, 2018. Audience voting shall end the next day, November 15, 2018 on or about 12:00 p.m. ET (exact voting times and methods to be confirmed to Finalists prior to the Finalist Video shoots). Members of the Audience will be invited to vote for their favorite Finalist via the Voting Website and/or App. Voting will be open to those located in the United States, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. There will be a limit of one (1) vote per person. Votes received from any person or email address in excess of the above-stated limitation will be void. Finalists are prohibited from obtaining votes by any fraudulent or inappropriate means, including, without limitation, offering prizes or other inducements to members of the public, as determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion. All results are unofficial until verified by Sponsors.
At the conclusion of the Audience voting period, the Finalist who receives the most eligible votes during the Voting Period will be declared the Grand Prize winner of the Contest. In the unlikely event of a tie following the public vote, representatives of Sponsors, in their sole discretion, will determine the winner of the Contest from the tied Finalists based on the same judging criteria used during Initial Video Judging.
11) GRAND PRIZE: One (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive a golden ticket to participate in the second season of the Program's Hollywood Week (currently scheduled to take place in December 2018), and will participate in the Program competition (subject to compliance with the Participant Agreement, the Program's official rules and Producer's vetting requirements as described herein). There is no retail value associated with the Grand Prize. Any required travel and accommodations to participate in the Program's Hollywood Week are at the sole discretion of Producer and shall be in accordance with Producer's travel and accommodation policies for individuals participating in the Program's Hollywood Week.
No guarantee is made by Sponsors that the Grand Prize winner will advance in the Program competition beyond Hollywood Week. All participation in the Program is subject to the Program's official rules and procedures. Travel and accommodations associated with participation in the Program will be provided by Producer as part of the Program.
No other prizes will be awarded to the Grand Prize winner as part of this Contest.
12) CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: By entering this Contest, each Entrant agrees to be bound by and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of all judges, Sponsors and Contest Administrator, which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Contest. Sponsors and Contest Administrator will not be responsible for late, lost, incomplete, illegible, damaged, garbled or misdirected Entries/Videos/materials. Finalists and Grand Prize Winner are not entitled to exchange or transfer prizes or to obtain cash or other substitutes. All federal, state and/or local taxes are the sole responsibility of the Finalists. Finalists may receive an IRS Form 1099 or equivalent tax form reflecting the value of their prize. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including but not limited to due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify and/or suspend the Contest. If the Contest is so affected, Sponsors will conduct the judging and award the Finalist prizes for affected portion(s) of the Contest in a manner deemed fair, equitable and in accordance with the spirit of these Official Rules as determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion. Notice of such action by Sponsors will be posted the Program's Instagram account (@americanidol). Sponsors may take any and all actions deemed necessary, in their sole discretion, to protect their rights (including disqualification of Entries) and enforce any violations of these Official Rules. In the event the Broadcast is delayed, interrupted, or cannot air for any reason, Sponsors reserve the right to post the three (3) Finalist Videos solely on the Voting Site and/or App for public view and voting. Entrants agree not to knowingly damage or cause interruption of the Contest and/or prevent others from participating in the Contest. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE ANY ONLINE SERVICE OR WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST VIOLATES CRIMINAL OR CIVIL LAWS. IF SUCH AN ATTEMPT IS MADE, SPONSORS MAY TAKE ANY AND ALL ACTIONS DEEMED APPROPRIATE BY SPONSORS (INCLUDING POSSIBLE DISQUALIFICATION OF ENTRANT) AND SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW. No responsibility is assumed for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alteration of Entries/Videos; errors, defects or omissions in the advertisement or offering of this Contest; or any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or electronic Entry/Video to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to Entrant or any other person's computer related to, or resulting from participation in this Contest. Sponsors' failure to enforce any provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute the waiver of such provision. If any provision of these Official Rules shall be invalid or unenforceable due to any law, said provision shall be modified to the minimum extent necessary to effect compliance with such law, and in any event such invalidity or unenforceability shall have no effect upon the remaining terms and conditions hereof.
13) WAIVER/RELEASE OF RIGHTS: By entering or participating in the Contest, each Entrant agrees to release, discharge and hold harmless each of the Contest Entities, Instagram, LLC, each of their respective parent, subsidiary, related and affiliated companies, advertising and promotional agencies and prize suppliers, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, contractors and representatives (collectively, the "Released Parties") from any and all claims, liabilities, losses and damages, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to death, personal injury, defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, invasion of privacy (be it misappropriation, portrayal in a false light, intrusion and/or public disclosure of private facts) or infliction of emotional distress, arising out of or in connection with an Entrant's entry or attempted entry into and/or participation in the Contest, Contest judging and Official Rules interpretations (including disqualification determinations), any Finalist or prize notification, the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, including any travel or activity related thereto, the acceptance or use of any prize, the substitution of any prize or any of the Released Parties' use of any of the rights granted to Sponsors or Released Parties in connection with the Contest. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
14) INDEMNITY: By entering or participating in the Contest, each Entrant irrevocably and unconditionally agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless each of the Released Parties from and against any and all liability, claims, loss, damage, penalty, injury or expense, including reasonable attorneys' fees and costs, of any kind or nature whatsoever, by whomever asserted arising out of or in connection with: (A) participation in the Contest or activities associated with the Contest, whether occurring before, during or after actual participation in the Contest; (B) a breach or alleged breach of any representations, warranties or obligations made or undertaken by Entrant; (C) Released Parties' (individually or collectively) use or failure to use any of the rights granted in connection with the Contest; (D) any statement, action or omission of an Entrant during or in connection with the Contest or resulting directly or indirectly from the Contest (whether before, during or after actual participation in the Contest); and/or (E) acceptance, possession, or use of any prize.
15) DISPUTES; ARBITRATION/CHOICE OF LAW: Except where prohibited, Entrants agree that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, or the determination of the winner, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by arbitration pursuant to the Rules of the American Arbitration Association, then effective; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest but in no event attorneys' fees; and (c) under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and/or Released Parties in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without regard for conflicts of law doctrine of New York or any other jurisdiction, and all proceedings shall take place in the City of New York, County of New York.
17) SPONSORS: American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., 500 S. Buena Vista Street, Burbank, CA 91521; and American Idol Productions, Inc., 2900 West Alameda Ave., Eighth Floor, Burbank, CA 91505.
18) CONTEST ADMINISTRATOR: LeadDog Marketing Group, Inc., 440 9th Avenue, 17th Floor, New York, NY 10001.
19) WINNER'S LIST: For the name of the Grand Prize winner, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: American Idol CMA Contest, c/o LeadDog Marketing Group, 440 9th Avenue, 17th Floor, New York, NY 10001. Requests received after December 31, 2018 will not be honored.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram.