Justin Bieber, Ariana Grande, Gwen Stefani, The Weeknd, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Coldplay, One Direction, Nick Jonas, Demi Lovato, Walk the Moon, Selena Gomez, 5 Seconds of Summer and country sensation Carrie Underwood will be among the performers at the "2015 American Music Awards" airing Sunday, November 22 at 8:00pm ET on ABC. The acts, along with show host Jennifer Lopez, are just first to be revealed in the line-up of entertainers at the world's biggest fan-voted award show broadcasted live on the big day from the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles.
To help fans express passion and excitement for the show this year, the American Music Awards and Twitter are launching custom Twitter emojis for all performers. All performers will have featured Twitter emojis to celebrate their appearances as they are announced. Viewers will be able to activate the Twitter emojis by Tweeting any of following hashtags starting today through the end of the show on November 22:
- Justin Bieber: #BieberOnAMAs
- Luke Bryan and Karen Fairchild: #LukeKarenAMAs
- Coldplay: #ColdplayAMAs
- Ariana Grande: #AriAMAs
- Pentatonix: #PTXonAMAs
- Macklemore & Ryan Lewis: #MandRLonAMAs
- Meghan Trainor and Charlie Puth: #MeghanCharlieAMAs
- Gwen Stefani: #GwenOnAMAs
- 5 Seconds of Summer: #5SOSonAMAs
- Selena Gomez: #RevivalAMAs
- One Direction: #AMAs1D
- Carrie Underwood: #CarrieOnAMAs
- Nick Jonas: #NickJonasAMAs
- Demi Lovato: #DemiOnAMAs
- WALK THE MOON: #WTMonAMAs
The nominees have been announced and Taylor Swift leads this year's pack with six nominations, followed by Ed Sheeran and The Weeknd with five nods each. Other heavily nominated artists include acts: Sam Hunt, Nicki Minaj, Sam Smith, Meghan Trainor, Walk the Moon, Jason Aldrean, Chris Brown, One Direction and more.
The American Music Awards winners are chosen entirely by fans and voting is now underway! So make sure you show your favorite artists some love. Fans can vote for each category once per day by doing any of the following:
- Cast your vote on AMAvote.com.
- Post a Facebook status that includes the nominee’s name and the category’s hashtag within the post(s).
- Post a tweet on Twitter with the nominee’s name or Twitter handle, the category name and #AMAs within the post.
Voting for New Artist of the Year Presented by Kohl’s and Collaboration of the Year Un-leased by T-Mobile will open on November 1 at 12:01am ET. More information on voting for this category will be provided in the coming weeks.
It’s not an awards show without incredible red-carpet fashion and pre-show interviews! Don’t miss the “Coca-Cola Red Carpet LIVE! @ The 2015 AMAs” pre-show. Live coverage will stream online for fans worldwide starting at 5:00pm ET/2:00pm PT on November 22nd at Yahoo. You can also watch it on ABC.com and TheAMAs.com.