As part of Disney|ABC's Summer of Service campaign, we are inviting the public to share how they gave back to their community this summer and enter for a chance to win a trip for two to LA and a shopping spree with the stylist of The Bachelor. The public can enter by commenting on designated Instagram posts on The Bachelor, The Bachelorette, and Bachelor in Paradise Instagram handles with their response to, "Tell us how you gave back to your community this summer, or how you plan to give back" and the hashtag #ABCSummerOfServiceSweepstakes. Let people know how you made the world a better place, and inspire others to do the same!
Read below for the official rules:
The "ABC Summer of Service Sweepstakes"
To enter and participate in this Sweepstakes, you must agree to and abide by these Official Rules.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. You must have Internet access and an active e-mail account and Instagram account to participate. Winner will be randomly selected.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram, LLC or Facebook, Inc.
1. Eligibility: The "ABC Summer of Service Sweepstakes" (the "Sweepstakes") is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and Washington D.C., who are at least eighteen (18) years of age and the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence. Employees of American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. ("Sponsor"), LeadDog Marketing Group, Inc. ("Administrator"), any organizations sponsoring, fulfilling, or administering the Sweepstakes or supplying the prizes, and each of their respective parent, subsidiary, related and affiliated companies, as well as any persons involved in the creation, development or production (including cast and crew) of "The Bachelor," "The Bachelorette," and "Bachelor in Paradise" television shows (collectively, Shows") (collectively, the "Promotion Entities"), and the immediate family and household members of all such foregoing individuals, are not eligible to enter or win. "Immediate family members" shall mean parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, and spouses, regardless of where they live. "Household members" shall mean people who share the same residence with any of the foregoing individuals at least three (3) months a year, whether related or not. Potential winner may be required to provide proof of eligibility prior to prize award. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
2. Sweepstakes Entry: The Sweepstakes begins at or about 12:00 p.m. (noon) Pacific Time ("PT") on August 23, 2018 and ends at 11:59 p.m. PT on August 30, 2018. ("Promotion Period"). Sponsor's computer is the official clock for this Sweepstakes.
3. How to Enter:
During the Promotion Period, look for the Sweepstakes announcement ("Sweepstakes Post") on the following official Instagram pages of these Shows: The Bachelor (@bachelorabc); The Bachelorette (@bacheloretteabc); and Bachelor in Paradise (@bachelorinparadise). To enter the Sweepstakes, you must comment on the Sweepstakes Post by telling us how you gave back to your community this summer, or how you plan to give back ("Story") and include the hashtag #ABCSummerOfServiceSweepstakes (the "Required Hashtag") to receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes.
You may include additional comments with your Story, but this is not required, nor will the inclusion of additional comments in any way enhance your odds of winning a prize. If you do include an additional comment, all use of the word Story includes any additional comments incorporated in your post, Required Hashtag and the accompanying comment. Comments must be confined to a response to a Sweepstakes Post on the Instagram feed of one of the Shows; do not post or re-post your comments on your Instagram account or elsewhere.
Partial or incomplete/piecemeal submissions (e.g., using the Required Hashtag without a Story or a Story without including the Required Hashtag) will NOT BE ACCEPTED.
BY POSTING A STORY AS REQUIRED HEREIN AND USING THE REQUIRED HASHTAG, YOU ARE INDICATING THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTOOD AND FULLY AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE DECISIONS OF THE ADMINISTRATOR AND SPONSOR, WHICH ARE BINDING AND FINAL IN ALL MATTERS RELATING TO THIS SWEEPSTAKES. DO NOT POST A STORY WITHOUT FIRST REVIEWING THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
Do NOT include personal information (e.g., name, e-mail address or phone numbers) about yourself or anyone else in the Story.
Once submitted, Stories become the sole property of Sponsor (subject only to the rights of Instagram), and cannot be modified by entrant. Posting of a Story to the Sweepstakes Post which is not thereafter deleted by Sponsor/Administrator does not constitute any representation of eligibility for Sweepstakes and the re-posting of a Story by Sponsor/Administrator does not constitute notification of winning the prize. By submitting a Story, entrants give permission to Sponsor and its designees and hereby grants Sponsor and its designees a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide, sub-licensable, non-exclusive license (herein "License") to use entrant's Story in any media and through any means now known or hereafter devised, including without limitation, the World Wide Web, and to otherwise use entrant's Story, and make derivative works therefrom, without compensation in accordance with the requirements of this Sweepstakes and the advertising, promotion, and publicity of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor's products and services, and otherwise, as stated in these Official Rules (as solely determined by Sponsor). Such License will be confirmed by potential winner upon Sponsor's request and potential winner agrees to timely complete, sign and deliver any and all necessary documents, including without limitation, documents setting forth any licenses, releases and indemnities that Sponsor in its sole discretion may require, without condition or compensation of any kind. Sponsor's failure to receive all documentation from all individuals within the prescribed timeframe, in each instance as required by Sponsor in its sole discretion, will result in the disqualification of the entry and the selection of another entry as a potential winner.
Limit one (1) entry per person per Sweepstakes Post. You may only enter the Sweepstakes once per Sweepstakes Post during the entire Promotion Period. Multiple entries and/or mass entry attempts (i.e., multiple comments in response to a single Sweepstakes Post) will result in disqualification of all entries by such person/email address/Instagram account. Entries must be manually key-stroked by the entrant; use of automated entry devices or programs, or entries by third parties by any method of entry, are prohibited. Entries that do not conform to or that violate these Official Rules or are submitted in any manner other than stated in these Official Rules will be disqualified. (Without limiting the foregoing, Stories posted outside of the Sweepstakes Post will NOT result in a Sweepstakes entry. This includes but is not limited to Stories posted on a person's own Instagram account/page.) Sponsor and Administrator will not be responsible for late, corrupted, garbled, inaccessible/blocked, incomplete or misdirected entries. All entries must be posted as comments to the Sweepstakes Post in their entirety prior to the end of the Promotion Period.
You may only use one Instagram account to participate in the Sweepstakes. All Stories must comply with the Instagram Terms of Service and Instagram Rules available at the Instagram Website.
Data rates may apply for downloading the Instagram app and/or each message sent or received from your handset according to the terms and conditions of your service agreement with your wireless carrier. Other charges may apply (such as normal airtime and carrier charges as well as charges for wireless Internet access) and may appear on your mobile phone bill or be deducted from your prepaid account balance. Wireless carriers' rate plans may vary, and you should contact your wireless carrier for more information on messaging rate plans and charges relating to your participation in this Sweepstakes. Mobile device service may not be available in all areas. Check your phone's capabilities for specific instructions.
If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or technical failures beyond Sponsor's control that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to conduct the Sweepstakes and award the prize by means of a random drawing comprised of all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (as appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor or otherwise award the prize in a manner which is fair, appropriate and consistent with these Official Rules, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Notice of termination/modification/suspension of Sweepstakes will be posted on Show's Instagram pages. Without limitation of any other term herein, Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for failed, partial or garbled computer transmissions, technical failures of any kind (including but not limited to electronic malfunction or damage of any network, hardware or software), any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or loss, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; or any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or electronic Entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation in this Sweepstakes.
Entrants further agree not to knowingly damage or cause interruption of the Sweepstakes and/or prevent others from participating in the Sweepstakes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE ANY ONLINE SERVICE OR WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES VIOLATES CRIMINAL OR CIVIL LAWS. IF SUCH AN ATTEMPT IS MADE, SPONSOR MAY DISQUALIFY ANY ENTRANT MAKING SUCH ATTEMPT AND SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.
4. Content Guidelines: In addition to complying with all other requirements of these Official Rules and Instagram, Stories must be responsive to the "call to action" message and must not be obscene or offensive; must not depict alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons, or any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous or illegal; and must not be sexually explicit or suggestive, all as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Furthermore, each Story must not contain any content that Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion, is profane, obscene, disparaging or is otherwise inappropriate, objectionable, infringes on the intellectual property or other rights of any third party, or is unsuitable for the uses contemplated in these Official Rules, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, alter or remove any Story. Sponsor reserves the right to waive the entry requirements in its reasonable discretion.
If an entry cannot be viewed and/or accessed by Sponsor or Administrator for any reason, such entry shall be disqualified without any fault or liability of the "Released Parties", as defined below.
5. Random Drawing/Notification of Winner/Odds: One (1) potential winner will be selected in a random drawing to take place on or about September 5, 2018 from among all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. For the avoidance of doubt, if an entry is otherwise in compliance with these Official Rules (including but not limited to the Content Guidelines in Section 4 above), the content of the entry, except for the inclusion of the potential winner's relevant Story will NOT be taken into account in the winner selection process. Drawing will be conducted by Administrator, an independent judging organization whose decisions are final and binding on all matters related to the Sweepstakes.
Potential winner will be notified by direct message by Sponsor or Administrator. It is recommended that you follow the account of the Show of the Sweepstakes Post you commented on and confirm your Instagram notification settings are turned on. Entrants are encouraged to regularly check their direct messages following the conclusion of the Promotion Period. The direct message will request that the potential winner e-mail the Sponsor/Administrator at the specified e-mail address. Failure to respond to the initial verification notice within three (3) business days after notification will result in disqualification.
Potential winner will be required to sign and return, within three (3) business days from date of transmission, an Affidavit/Declaration of Eligibility, Release and Indemnification, W-9, and (where imposing such condition is legal) a Publicity Release, and any other documentation required by Sponsor or Administrator (collectively, "Winner Documents"). If the Winner Documents are not returned to Sponsor within the specified time period (if applicable), potential winner may be disqualified. If a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, prize will be awarded to an alternate potential winner selected from all remaining eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. In the event of any dispute concerning the identity of any entrant, the entry will be deemed submitted by the natural person who is the authorized holder of the transmitting email account associated with the Instagram account used to participate in the Sweepstakes. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address, as long as such person is otherwise eligible for the Sweepstakes in accordance with these Official Rules.
Sweepstakes is available to over 100 million Internet users. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
6. Prize and Approximate Retail Value ("ARV"):
One (1) Grand Prize is available. Grand Prize winner will receive a 3-day/2-night trip for the winner and one (1) guest to Los Angeles, CA for the winner to have a style consultation and a shopping spree with stylist from The Bachelor (the "Stylist"). Grand Prize consists of: round-trip economy class air transportation for the winner and a guest to Los Angeles, CA from an airport near winner's residence (as selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion); two (2) nights hotel accommodations (one room, double occupancy) in a hotel in the Los Angeles area as selected by Sponsor; roundtrip ground transportation to and from Los Angeles area airport and hotel; a style consultation for the winner only with the Stylist; a shopping trip with the Stylist (location[s] of shopping spree to be selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion) where the Stylist will help winner select outfits incorporating techniques discussed during the consultation; roundtrip ground transportation to and from Los Angeles area hotel and style consultation/shopping locations; and $2,500.00 shopping spree spending money to be awarded in the form of a gift card. For the avoidance of doubt, winner will pay for all purchases during the style consultation, which may be paid from the gift card awarded. ARV of Grand Prize is $4,800. Meeting the Stylist and style consultation has no cash value and is subject to the Stylist's availability and professional commitments. Winner and his/her guest will meet the Stylist in one (1) session for a period of up to two (2) hours, at a time and location to be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, with Sponsor's representative(s) and other individuals also being present at all times. If meeting, shopping spree and style consultation with the Stylist is offered for shorter than the indicated time period, Sponsor's liability shall be limited to awarding the remaining elements of the prize to winner. Winner and his/her guest must follow all instructions of Sponsor relative to the trip and meeting with the Stylist (including style consultation and shopping spree) and, should winner and/or guest fail to adhere to such instructions or engage in unruly, obnoxious, anti-social or otherwise inappropriate behavior (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion), Sponsor reserves the right, without further notice or warning, to terminate the trip and/or remove winner and/or guest from meeting with the Stylist (and/or styling session, shopping spree) and/or take other actions as Sponsor deems appropriate in its sole discretion so as to protect its rights, without liability or other obligation to winner and/or guest. Actual final value of trip may be higher or lower based on point of departure and ticket and hotel availability and cost at time of purchase. If Grand Prize Winner lives within 150 miles of the Los Angeles area (as determined by Sponsor/Administrator in their sole discretion) he/she will receive, in lieu of air transportation, round-trip ground transportation between winner's residence and hotel. Grand Prize winner will not receive cash or any other form of compensation if actual travel costs are less than the prize ARV in these Official Rules.
Grand Prize trip must be completed by August 31, 2019 and Grand Prize winner must provide at least forty-five (45) days advanced notice prior to intended date of departure. Travel dates to be mutually agreed upon by winner and Sponsor/Administrator subject to the Stylist's availability. Once travel is booked, travel dates cannot be changed unless by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If winner is unable to travel once the travel dates are booked, the prize will be forfeited in its entirety. In the event the prize winner is able to travel on the scheduled travel dates, but the meeting with the Stylist (including style consultation and/or shopping spree with the Stylist) does not or cannot take place as scheduled or at all, for reasons including but not limited to postponement, location changes, an event of force majeure, or for any other reason, then Sponsor reserves the right to award the remainder of the prize with no further obligation to the winner. Grand Prize winner is solely responsible for all other expenses not specified herein, including but not limited to meals/beverages, tips, taxes and hotel incidentals. Winner and guest must travel together on specified itinerary, including same departure date, destination and return date or Grand Prize may be forfeited in its entirety. Accommodation restrictions and blackout dates may apply. All travel dates and arrangements are subject to change, availability and Sponsor's approval. Sponsor is not liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence of flight cancellation/delay. Certain documentation and requirements may be necessary for travel, such as photo identification. Grand Prize winner and his/her guest are solely responsible for any documentation and requirements and determining applicable procedures and restrictions. In addition, the Grand Prize winner may be required to present a valid credit card at the hotel at the time of check-in. Winner and guest must provide own transportation to and from departure airport.
Grand Prize winner's guest must be eighteen (18) years of age or older and must complete a Liability and Publicity Release as directed by Sponsor/Administrator.
Winner is not entitled to exchange or transfer prizes or to obtain cash or other substitutes, except Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize(s) or portions thereof of equal or greater value if a prize listed or any portion thereof is unavailable for any reason. All prize elements awarded as gift certificate or gift card are subject to terms and conditions thereon. All federal, state and/or local taxes are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize winner. Winner will receive an IRS Form 1099 reflecting the actual final retail value of Grand Prize following the awarding of the Grand Prize.
Sponsor makes no warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the use of any prize, including, without limitation, its quality, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
7. Conditions and Limitations of Liability: By participating, each entrant agrees: (a) to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final in all respects; and (b) to release, discharge and hold harmless each of the Promotion Entities, the Stylist personally, Facebook, Inc., Instagram, LLC, and each of their respective advertising and promotion agencies and prize suppliers, and each of the foregoing entities' respective parent, subsidiary, related, affiliated and successor companies, and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees (collectively, the "Released Parties") from any and all actions, claims, injury, loss or damage, including, without limitation, death and bodily injury, arising in any manner, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from participation in this Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity, and/or from entrant's acceptance, receipt, use or misuse of any prize or component thereof (including without limitation, any failure to pay taxes thereon).
By accepting a prize, winner grants Sponsor and its designees permission to use his/her name, voice, likeness, photograph, prize information, biographical data and city and state of residence on a winner's list (if applicable) and for programming, publicity and promotional purposes, worldwide in all forms of media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity, without further compensation unless prohibited by law. Sponsor and its designees are not obligated to use any of the above-mentioned information or materials, but may do so and may edit such information or materials, at Sponsor's sole discretion, without further obligation or compensation. Sweepstakes subject to the laws of the United States only. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
These Official Rules cannot be modified or amended in any way except in a written document issued by a duly authorized representative of Sponsor. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
8. Disputes; Arbitration/Choice Of Law: Except where prohibited, entrants agree that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or the awarding of prizes/determination of prize winners, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by arbitration pursuant to the Rules of JAMS, then effective (notwithstanding the foregoing, entrant shall not be precluded from seeking relief in small claims court for disputes/claims within the scope of the jurisdiction of small claims court and any remedies available to entrant under applicable federal, state or local law remain available to entrant and are not waived pursuant to this section); (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys' fees; and (c) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any and all rights to injunctive relief. The arbitrator hearing such dispute/claim/cause of action shall be neutral and the entrant will have a reasonable opportunity to participate in the selection of the arbitrator. Such arbitration will take place at a location near the entrant's residence and the entrant has the right to an in-person hearing in the arbitration proceeding, if desired. The arbitration will allow for the discovery and/or exchange of non-privileged information between entrant and Sponsor. Should an entrant initiate arbitration pursuant to this section, the entrant shall be responsible for JAMS's fees to do so (approximately, $250), with all other costs of such arbitration being borne solely by Sponsor. If entrant is a California resident and Sponsor is the prevailing party in such arbitration, such entrant will not be responsible for Sponsor's costs and fees in conjunction with the arbitration proceeding; BUT, IN ALL OTHER CASES, ENTRANT WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR SUCH COSTS/FEES IF REQUIRED BY THE ARBITRATOR'S RULING. For the avoidance of doubt, the requirement to arbitrate disputes pursuant to this section is reciprocal and binding both upon entrants and Sponsor. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and/or Released Parties in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without regard for conflicts of law doctrine of New York or any other jurisdiction and all proceedings shall take place in the City of New York, County of New York.
9. Sponsor: American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., 500 S. Buena Vista St., Burbank, CA 91521.
10. Administrator: LeadDog Marketing Group, Inc., 440 9th Avenue, 17th Floor, New York, NY 10001.
11. Winner List: For the name of the Grand Prize winner, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: The ABC Summer of Service Sweepstakes Winner, c/o LeadDog Marketing Group, 440 9th Avenue, 17th Floor, New York, NY 10001. All such requests must be received by September 26, 2018.