A fool-proof dessert recipe!
- step-by-step directions
- 4 cups Frozen Blackberries
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- Juice and Zest of 1/2 Lemon
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 tablespoons Cornstarch
- Set aside 2 cups of the blackberries to remain whole.
- Combine the remaining blackberries, 1/2 of the sugar, and lemon juice and zest, and cornstarch in a food processor. Pulse until pureed. Taste and adjust sweetness if necessary. Put mixture in a small sauce pot and simmer on medium-low heat for about 12-15 minutes, until it has cooked down and become thick.
- In a medium bowl, beat the cream and vanilla extract until peaks form and cream is whipped. Divide the whipped cream into 2 equal portions.
- In a large trifle dish add 1 cup of the berry mixture to the bottom. Take the rest of the berry mixture and fold it into 1 of the whipped creams (leaving the other plain). Begin layering the trifle dish with the plain whipped cream followed by some fresh blackberries and the berry cream. Repeat until you've used all ingredients. Garnish with fresh blackberries.
- Refrigerate an hour prior to serving.
rate this recipe
Cannelloni al Forno
Skordalia and Roasted Beets
Rock Shrimp and Egg Sandwich
Apple Tarte Tatin
Buttermilk Semifreddo with Candied Peaches
Cast-Iron Blueberry Cobbler
Green Chicken Enchiladas
Savory Breakfast Cauliflower Bake
Sausage Gravy and Bacon Biscuits
Italian Egg Boat