These coconut shrimp will help turn your appetite into a tropical resort. A great way to start your meal!
- step-by-step directions
- 20 Large shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 2 cups Desiccated coconut (unsweetened flaked)
- 3 Eggs (lightly beaten)
- 2 tablespoons Coconut milk
- 1 cup Flour
- 3 tablespoons Garlic powder
- vegetable oil for frying
- Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- Blend garlic powder with flour. In a separate bowl, beat eggs with coconut milk.
- Set up dredging station in three shallow dishes: the first with the flour mixture, the next with the egg mixture, and the third with the desiccated coconut.
- In a large Dutch oven heat oil to 350F degrees.
- Dredge shrimp in flour mixture and shake off excess flour. Next, dip shrimp in egg mixture and then coconut and transfer to oil.
- Fry shrimp until they are golden brown and serve immediately. Be careful that the coconut does not burn.
- Serve with Mango-Orange Sauce
rate this recipe
Chaufa: Peruvian Fried Rice (Nasi Goreng)
Greek and Italian-Inspired Stuffed Peppers
Skillet-Roasted Lemon Chicken
Asian-Stuffed Mushrooms with Thai Peanut Butter Sauce
Jerk Chicken Skewers
Sparkling Watermelon Agua Fresco with Basil Simple Syrup
Strawberry Lemonade Cake
Strawberry, Vanilla, and Cookie Dough Milkshake
Amaretto and Chocolate Chip Milkshake
Pepper Steak with Broccoli Stem Salad