This sausage if fully loaded with all your goodies. Give it a try today!
- step-by-step directions
Sha Sha Sauce:
- 12 hot, jarred banana peppers
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 cup yellow mustard
- 1 cup white wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 head Napa cabbage
- 1/2 clove garlic (minced)
- 1/2 cup small red onion (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 jalapeno (minced)
- 3 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup Sha Sha Sauce
- 2 pounds Russet potatoes (peeled and cut into matchsticks)
- canola oil (for frying)
- salt (to taste)
- 4 Kielbasa sausages
- 4 hoagie rolls
- For the ShaSha Sauce: In a food processor, puree the peppers, garlic, mustard and vinegar.
- Pour the puree into a saucepan and add the sugar. Bring it to a boil over high heat, lower the heat and simmer the mixture for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix the flour and 1/2 cup water to make a smooth paste. Whisk it into the pepper mixture and continue to simmer for 20 minutes, stirring regularly, until it becomes very thick.
- Let the sauce cool, then pour it into a covered container (such as a glass jar). The sauce can be refrigerated for up to 1 month.
- For the Slaw: In a medium bowl, mix together the cabbage, garlic, onion, jalapeno, vinegar, mustard, mayonnaise, sugar, salt, Worcestershire sauce and ShaSha Sauce. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- For the Fries: Peel the potatoes and cut them into long fries about 1/4 inch thick. As you cut them, put them in a bowl of cold water to cover.
- Pour enough oil into a medium pot so that the oil comes 3 inches up the sides. Heat the oil to 275ºF.
- Drain the fries and pat dry. Working in batches if necessary, cook them in the oil for about 5 minutes; they should be soft and pale. Remove them from the oil using a slotted spoon and rinse under cold water to remove excess oil and starch. Reserve the pot of oil.
- Cover a rimmed baking sheet with paper towels and lay the fries on top. Chill completely in the refrigerator. The potatoes can be prepared this way up to a day in advance of cooking them.
- When ready to eat, heat the reserved oil to 350ºF.
- Add the fries in batches to the oil and cook, stirring gently, until the fries are golden brown, about 5 minutes. Using a spider or slotted spoon, remove from the oil to a large paper-towel-lined bowl and season them salt, shaking the bowl to distribute the seasonings evenly.
- To Assemble: Fry the Kielbasas for 5-10 minutes per side, until done. Place each in a hoagie bun, top with slaw, fries, and more ShaSha sauce.
rate this recipe
Pan-Roasted Ribeye with Radishes
Grilled Hot dog with Corn Relish and Pickled Red Onion
Summertime Ambrosia Salad
Baked Brie Bread
Grilled Pork Medallions with Plum Sauce
Grilled Peach Frozen Yogurt Sundae
Pina Colada Pie
Cajun Salmon with Red Beans and Rice
Pork Medallions with Marsala Pan Sauce
Sheet Pan Greek Chicken Salad
Chocolate Pancake Roll