Similar to a Bechamel, use this classic Italian sauce as the base for so many dishes!
- step-by-step directions
- 5 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 3 cups Whole Milk
- 2 teaspoons Kosher Salt
- Heat butter in medium sauce pan until melted.
- Add flour and stir until smooth. Cook over medium heat until light golden brown, about 6-7 minutes.
- Heat the milk in a separate pan until it's just about to boil. Add milk to the butter mixture 1 cup at a time, whisking continuously until very smooth. Bring to a boil and cook for 30 seconds.
- Remove from heat and season with salt and nutmeg.
rate this recipe
Chaufa: Peruvian Fried Rice (Nasi Goreng)
Greek and Italian-Inspired Stuffed Peppers
Skillet-Roasted Lemon Chicken
Asian-Stuffed Mushrooms with Thai Peanut Butter Sauce
Jerk Chicken Skewers
Sparkling Watermelon Agua Fresco with Basil Simple Syrup
Strawberry Lemonade Cake
Strawberry, Vanilla, and Cookie Dough Milkshake
Amaretto and Chocolate Chip Milkshake
Pepper Steak with Broccoli Stem Salad