The perfect soup for a hot day!
- step-by-step directions
- 2 1/2 cups stale crusty bread (crust removed)
- 1/2 cup blanched whole almonds
- 1 cup ice water
- 2 cups green grapes (plus additional halved grapes for garnish)
- 2 English cucumbers (roughly chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (peeled)
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil (plus additional to garnish)
- 1 jalapeno (thinly sliced to garnish)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- In a medium bowl add bread, almonds and ice water, and allow to soak for 5 minutes, until the bread is soft.
- In the carafe of a blender add grapes, cucumbers, garlic, and soaked bread and almonds. Blend until smooth and season with salt and pepper.
- With the blender running, add the vinegar and olive oil, blend until emulsified. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove to 4 bowls. Garnish with additional grape halves, jalapeno, and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Tip: The perfect soup for a hot day, keep the carafe and bowls in refrigerator until ready to serve.
rate this recipe
Fried Rice Chicken Sandwiches
Mushroom and Shrimp Stuffed Shells with Pesto Bechamel Sauce
Grilled Potato Salad with Scallions and Pepitas
Cheesy Chicken Sliders
Lemon Bar Slab Pie
Fried Rigatoni Poppers with Sausage
Rose Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes, Squash and Zucchini
Herb Rosti with Fresh Tomato Basil Salad
Cheesy Caprese Potato Bake
Halibut with Beefsteak Tomatoes
Guacamole with Savory Corn Cakes
Fried Eggplant Sandwiches with Harissa