Apple Pie Bites
No need to spend time stressing over trying to make an apple pie from scratch! Whip these up instead!
- step-by-step directions
Apple Pie Bites
- 1 store-bought pie crust
- 1 Granny Smith apple (peeled and diced)
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 425ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, add the sugar and cinnamon, and stir to combine.
- On a lightly floured surface, unwrap the pie crust and lay flat. Using a knife or pizza cutter, cut the crust into 3-inch squares. Using a pastry brush or a spoon, brush the pie crust with half of melted butter. Reserving 1 tablespoon of the cinnamon-sugar mixture, sprinkle the remaining of the mixture evenly over the buttered pie crust.
- Working with one square at a time, place a few teaspoons of apple into the center of each square. Bring the corners of each square together to form a pyramid-shaped dumpling. Press together the edges to seal. Brush outside of dumpling with the remaining butter and sprinkle the tops with the remaining cinnamon-sugar mixture. Place in the oven to bake until golden brown, about 8-10 minutes. Remove and set aside to cool before serving.
rate this recipe
Fried Rice Chicken Sandwiches
Mushroom and Shrimp Stuffed Shells with Pesto Bechamel Sauce
Grilled Potato Salad with Scallions and Pepitas
Cheesy Chicken Sliders
Lemon Bar Slab Pie
Fried Rigatoni Poppers with Sausage
Rose Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes, Squash and Zucchini
Herb Rosti with Fresh Tomato Basil Salad
Cheesy Caprese Potato Bake
Halibut with Beefsteak Tomatoes
Guacamole with Savory Corn Cakes
Fried Eggplant Sandwiches with Harissa