Apple Pie Bites
No need to spend time stressing over trying to make an apple pie from scratch! Whip these up instead!
- step-by-step directions
Apple Pie Bites
- 1 store-bought pie crust
- 1 Granny Smith apple (peeled and diced)
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 425ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, add the sugar and cinnamon, and stir to combine.
- On a lightly floured surface, unwrap the pie crust and lay flat. Using a knife or pizza cutter, cut the crust into 3-inch squares. Using a pastry brush or a spoon, brush the pie crust with half of melted butter. Reserving 1 tablespoon of the cinnamon-sugar mixture, sprinkle the remaining of the mixture evenly over the buttered pie crust.
- Working with one square at a time, place a few teaspoons of apple into the center of each square. Bring the corners of each square together to form a pyramid-shaped dumpling. Press together the edges to seal. Brush outside of dumpling with the remaining butter and sprinkle the tops with the remaining cinnamon-sugar mixture. Place in the oven to bake until golden brown, about 8-10 minutes. Remove and set aside to cool before serving.
rate this recipe
Asian-Stuffed Mushrooms with Thai Peanut Butter Sauce
Jerk Chicken Skewers
Sparkling Watermelon Agua Fresco with Basil Simple Syrup
Strawberry Lemonade Cake
Strawberry, Vanilla, and Cookie Dough Milkshake
Amaretto and Chocolate Chip Milkshake
Pepper Steak with Broccoli Stem Salad
Peanut Butter Espresso Milkshake
Grilling Three Ways
Cajun Scallops with Grits and Tomatoes
Classic, Dry, Extra Dry or Extra Extra Dry Martini