Put a little spin on classic hummus with this recipe!
- step-by-step directions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (plus 1/2 cup, divided)
- 2 cups artichokes hearts (frozen & thawed)
- 1 can Hatch green chilis (4 ounces, or 2 jalapenos seeds removed and chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (roughly chopped)
- 1/3 cups white sesame seeds (ground to a paste in a small food processor or mortar and pestle)
- 1 can chickpeas (drained and rinsed, 15 ounces)
- 2 lemons (juice and zest)
- grilled pita bread (for serving)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- In a large sauté pan at 2 tablespoons olive oil and heat over medium heat. Add artichokes, chilies and garlic. Season with Kosher salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are slightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- In the bowl of a food processor, add the chickpeas, sesame paste, artichoke mixture, lemon juice, lemon zest and 1/2 cup olive oil and puree until smooth. Season with Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- For the pita: heat a grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Brush the pita with olive oil. Place on the grill and cook until warm and charred on both sides, about 3 minutes per side. Serve with hummus.
Similar categories: Courses & Meals Appetizers, Starters & Snacks Vegetable Appetizers Dips and Spreads
rate this recipe
Grilled Potato Salad with Scallions and Pepitas
Lemon Bar Slab Pie
Cheesy Chicken Sliders
Fried Rigatoni Poppers with Sausage
Rose Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes, Squash and Zucchini
Herb Rosti with Fresh Tomato Basil Salad
Cheesy Caprese Potato Bake
Halibut with Beefsteak Tomatoes
Guacamole with Savory Corn Cakes
Fried Eggplant Sandwiches with Harissa
Turkey Chili Burger
Crispy Beet Sliders