Bacon and Cheese Stuffed Burger
What could be better?!
- step-by-step directions
Bacon and Cheese Stuffed Burgers:
- 1/2 pound bacon (sliced)
- 1 (5-ounce) package of soft herbed cheese (softened)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 yellow onions (peeled, thinly sliced)
- 1 and 1/2 pounds ground chuck (or a combination of ground chuck, sirloin and brisket, formed into 8 thin patties)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt (to taste)
- 4 potato rolls (toasted)
- sweet hot or dill pickle chips
- hot mustard
- yellow mustard
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF. Line a plate with paper towels and set aside.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and arrange bacon slices in an even layer. Transfer to the oven and bake until crisp, about 18-20 minutes. Remove from the oven, transfer bacon slices to prepared plate and allow to cool. Once cool enough to handle, break bacon into 1-inch pieces and remove to a large bowl. Add softened cheese and stir to combine thoroughly. Divide into 4 equal portions, place into 4 small bowls and refrigerate until cold and firm, about 15 minutes.
- Once firm, wrap in plastic and shape each cheese mixture into disks and hold in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- In a large saute pan over medium heat, melt the butter and add the onions. Season with salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions have caramelized, about 30 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Preheat a griddle over medium-high heat.
- Form the burgers by placing the cheese disk on top of 4 of the thin patties. Top with the remaining 4 patties and use your fingers to crimp and seal the edges. Season both sides with salt. Drizzle the griddle with olive oil and place the formed patties onto the griddle. Cook until golden brown and crusty, about 4 minutes per side.
- To Serve: Top the burgers with caramelized onions and the condiments of your choice. Serve immediately.
- Tip: Get creative! Stuff this burger with your favorite cheese, spices, and/or herb blends!
rate this recipe
Fried Rice Chicken Sandwiches
Mushroom and Shrimp Stuffed Shells with Pesto Bechamel Sauce
Grilled Potato Salad with Scallions and Pepitas
Lemon Bar Slab Pie
Cheesy Chicken Sliders
Fried Rigatoni Poppers with Sausage
Rose Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes, Squash and Zucchini
Herb Rosti with Fresh Tomato Basil Salad
Cheesy Caprese Potato Bake
Halibut with Beefsteak Tomatoes
Guacamole with Savory Corn Cakes
Fried Eggplant Sandwiches with Harissa