Bacon Cheddar Tots
These Bacon Cheddar Tots are so good!
- step-by-step directions
Bacon Cheddar Tots
- 1 bag shredded potatoes (thawed, excess water squeezed out, 30 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chives (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 pound bacon (cut in half then into pieces, cooked)
- 1 1/2 cups white cheddar cheese (shredded)
- Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® (to serve)
- Hidden Valley® Buffalo Ranch® (to serve)
- Hidden Valley® Cilantro Lime Ranch® (to serve)
- canola oil (for frying)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- In a large bowl add the shredded potatoes, garlic powder, onion powder, flour, chives, bacon, white cheddar cheese and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Form into tater tots using a 1 tablespoon measuring spoon. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet, cover with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 1 hour.
- When ready to fry, add 4 inches of canola oil to a Dutch oven and heat until 360ºF.
- Drop 5-7 frozen tots into the oil and fry for 3-4 minutes until golden brown and crispy. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate and season with salt.
- Serve with any Hidden Valley® Original Ranch®, Hidden Valley® Buffalo Ranch® or Hidden Valley® Cilantro Lime Ranch®.
- Tip: Freeze tots on a baking sheet until frozen to prevent them from sticking together. Then transfer to a zip top bag to freeze for up to 2 months.
rate this recipe
Fried Rice Chicken Sandwiches
Mushroom and Shrimp Stuffed Shells with Pesto Bechamel Sauce
Grilled Potato Salad with Scallions and Pepitas
Cheesy Chicken Sliders
Lemon Bar Slab Pie
Fried Rigatoni Poppers with Sausage
Rose Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes, Squash and Zucchini
Herb Rosti with Fresh Tomato Basil Salad
Cheesy Caprese Potato Bake
Halibut with Beefsteak Tomatoes
Guacamole with Savory Corn Cakes
Fried Eggplant Sandwiches with Harissa