Banana Ice Cream with Grilled Pineapple
A dish that truly tastes like summer!
- step-by-step directions
Banana Ice Cream:
- 2 bananas (peeled)
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon banana extract
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- cooking spray
- 1 pineapple (skin removed, thinly sliced 1/4-inch thick)
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds (toasted)
- 1/3 cup toasted coconut chips
- For the Banana Ice Cream: In the carafe of a blender add the bananas, almond milk, vanilla extract, banana extract and salt. Blend until smooth. Remove to a freezer safe pint container and freeze for at least 4 hours.
- For the Grilled Pineapple: Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. Spray the pineapple slices (not the grill) with cooking spray and place on the grill. Cook until charred on both sides and tender, about 2-3 minutes per side. Remove from the grill and allow to cool slightly.
- On a piece of grilled pineapple, place a scoop of banana ice cream in the center and garnish with toasted almonds and coconut chips and serve.
- To Toast the Almonds: Place the almonds in a small non-stick saute pan over medium heat and allow to cook until lightly toasted, about 4 minutes. Remove and allow to cool.
- Tip: Perfect dish to make in advance. Just the warm the pineapple before serving.
rate this recipe
Chaufa: Peruvian Fried Rice (Nasi Goreng)
Greek and Italian-Inspired Stuffed Peppers
Skillet-Roasted Lemon Chicken
Asian-Stuffed Mushrooms with Thai Peanut Butter Sauce
Jerk Chicken Skewers
Sparkling Watermelon Agua Fresco with Basil Simple Syrup
Strawberry Lemonade Cake
Strawberry, Vanilla, and Cookie Dough Milkshake
Amaretto and Chocolate Chip Milkshake
Pepper Steak with Broccoli Stem Salad