Beef Bone Broth
The perfect broth!
- step-by-step directions
Beef Bone Broth
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 6-7 pounds beef bones (shin, knuckle, neck, marrow, oxtail)
- 15 cups water (or enough to cover bones)
- 2 onions (peeled, halved)
- 4 carrots (peeled and tops removed, cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 1 head garlic (sliced in half widthwise)
- 1 bundle fresh thyme
- 1 bunch parsley
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Himalayan salt
- turmeric (freshly grated, to garnish)
- ginger (freshly grated, to garnish)
- 1 lemon (juiced)
- freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- Preheat your oven to 450ºF. Line a baking sheet with foil and set aside.
- Lay out the beef bones in an even layer on a prepared sheet tray. Lightly drizzle with olive oil and roast until deep golden brown, about 45 minutes. Transfer the roasted bones to a large stock-pot and cover with water. Add the vinegar and bring to a gentle boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook, skimming and discarding the fat, for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, add onions, carrots, garlic, thyme, parsley, bay leaves, black peppercorns, and salt. Continue to cook over low heat for 12-14 hours, skimming the surface of fat as necessary.
- Strain broth through a fine mesh strainer, and add desired amounts of freshly grated turmeric and ginger. Stir in lemon juice and season with pepper. Ladle into bowls and serve!
- Tips: For the most health benefits, use grass fed organic bones and organic vegetables. Add mushroom stems or whole mushrooms to broth for extra nutrient boost.
rate this recipe
Fried Rice Chicken Sandwiches
Mushroom and Shrimp Stuffed Shells with Pesto Bechamel Sauce
Grilled Potato Salad with Scallions and Pepitas
Cheesy Chicken Sliders
Lemon Bar Slab Pie
Fried Rigatoni Poppers with Sausage
Rose Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes, Squash and Zucchini
Herb Rosti with Fresh Tomato Basil Salad
Cheesy Caprese Potato Bake
Halibut with Beefsteak Tomatoes
Guacamole with Savory Corn Cakes
Fried Eggplant Sandwiches with Harissa