Make this hummus using beets for a delicious snack or appetizer!
- step-by-step directions
- 3 pre-cooked beets (store-bought)
- 1 can chickpeas (14.5 ounces, rinsed and drained)
- 1/2 cup feta
- 1/4 cup toasted walnuts
- 1 lemon (zested and juiced)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3-4 carrots (cut into 2-inch sticks)
- 4-5 stalks celery (2-inch sticks)
- 8 radishes (cut into quarters)
- 1 package pita (toasted and cut into wedges)
- In the bowl of a food processor, add the beets, chickpeas, feta, toasted walnuts, the zest and juice of a lemon, pulse to puree unti smooth. While pulsing add the olive oil and tahini. Season with salt.
- Serve with crudité and pita.
- Tip: if you can't find beets, add roasted peppers!
Similar categories: Courses & Meals Appetizers, Starters & Snacks Vegetable Appetizers Snacks Dips and Spreads
rate this recipe
Fried Rice Chicken Sandwiches
Mushroom and Shrimp Stuffed Shells with Pesto Bechamel Sauce
Grilled Potato Salad with Scallions and Pepitas
Cheesy Chicken Sliders
Lemon Bar Slab Pie
Fried Rigatoni Poppers with Sausage
Rose Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes, Squash and Zucchini
Herb Rosti with Fresh Tomato Basil Salad
Cheesy Caprese Potato Bake
Halibut with Beefsteak Tomatoes
Guacamole with Savory Corn Cakes
Fried Eggplant Sandwiches with Harissa