So pretty and so delicious!
- step-by-step directions
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4-5 mint leaves (plus more to garnish)
- 1/4 cup fresh blackberries (plus more to garnish)
- 1 tablespoon simple syrup (recipe above)
- 1 lime (1/2 zested and juiced, 1/2 sliced into rounds)
- ice (to fill shaker)
- 2 ounces white rum
- club soda (to top)
- For the Simple Syrup: In a small saucepan over medium heat, add the water and sugar and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook until the sugar has dissolved, about 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely.
- For the Blackberry Mojito: In a cocktail shaker, add the mint leaves, blackberries, simple syrup, lime zest and juice and muddle until leaves are bruised and blackberries are crushed up slightly. Add ice, and rum, cover and shake vigorously. Pour contents of shaker into a tall glass and garnish with a mint leaf, lime round, and blackberry.
- Tip: Make it your own! Substitute the blackberries for your favorite fruit to give this cocktail your own personal flair!
rate this recipe
Skillet-Roasted Lemon Chicken
Chaufa: Peruvian Fried Rice (Nasi Goreng)
Greek and Italian-Inspired Stuffed Peppers
Asian-Stuffed Mushrooms with Thai Peanut Butter Sauce
Jerk Chicken Skewers
Sparkling Watermelon Agua Fresco with Basil Simple Syrup
Strawberry Lemonade Cake
Strawberry, Vanilla, and Cookie Dough Milkshake
Amaretto and Chocolate Chip Milkshake
Pepper Steak with Broccoli Stem Salad