Bologna Fried Rice
Midnight munchies at its finest.
- step-by-step directions
Bologna Fried Rice
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 5-6 slices bologna (julienned and thinly sliced into strips)
- 3 cloves garlic (peeled, minced)
- 1 bunch scallions (thinly sliced)
- 2 cups leftover cooked white rice
- 5 packets soy sauce
- 2 packets hot sauce
- 2 packets Chinese mustard
- 1/2 bunch cilantro (finely chopped)
- 1 lime (juiced)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil or olive oil
- 4 large eggs
- Heat a large saute pan over medium-high heat and add canola oil. Add bologna and cook until golden brown and crisp, about 5-6 minutes. Add the garlic and scallions and cook another 1-2 minutes.
- Add rice and allow to sit without stirring so that the rice becomes slightly crispy, about 2-3 minutes. Move rice to the side and add the soy sauce, hot sauce and Chinese mustard. Toss rice to coat in the sauce. Season with salt and pepper as necessary. Stir in the cilantro and lime juice and serve with a fried egg on top. Serve with additional sauce packets on the side.
- For the Fried Egg: Heat a nonstick pan over medium high heat and add canola oil. Crack the eggs one at a time into a small bowl or ramekin and and slide into the oil. Allow to cook until the whites set but the yolk is still runny, about 3-4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from the pan and serve on top of fried rice.
- Tip: Refrigerate rice mixture and when ready to eat just fry the egg. For a more traditional version add carrots and peas to the fried rice mixture.
rate this recipe
Fried Rice Chicken Sandwiches
Mushroom and Shrimp Stuffed Shells with Pesto Bechamel Sauce
Grilled Potato Salad with Scallions and Pepitas
Cheesy Chicken Sliders
Lemon Bar Slab Pie
Fried Rigatoni Poppers with Sausage
Rose Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes, Squash and Zucchini
Herb Rosti with Fresh Tomato Basil Salad
Cheesy Caprese Potato Bake
Halibut with Beefsteak Tomatoes
Guacamole with Savory Corn Cakes
Fried Eggplant Sandwiches with Harissa