Candied Ginger Apple Crisp
A great fall dessert!
- step-by-step directions
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup candied ginger (roughly chopped)
- 7 tablespoons butter (chilled, cut in to 1/4-inch cubes)
- 1 tablespoon butter (for greasing)
- 3 McIntosh apples (peeled, cored, thinly sliced)
- 3 Honeycrisp apples (peeled, cored, thinly sliced)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 lemon (juiced)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 pint Cinnamon ice cream
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- For the Crisp: In a medium bowl add the flour, sugar, light brown sugar, salt, old fashioned oats, and candied ginger and toss to combine. Add the cubed butter and work the butter into the flour mixture using your hands, pastry cutter or fork, until pea-sized crumbles form. Keep refrigerated until ready to sprinkle over the apples.
- For the Filling: Grease an 8-inch baking dish with 1 tablespoon of butter.
- In a large bowl add the apples, cinnamon, sugar, light brown sugar, lemon juice and flour. Toss until evenly coated and remove to the baking dish.
- To Assemble:< Sprinkle the crisp topping over the apples, cover the dish with foil and place in the oven. Bake for 30 minutes, remove the foil and bake an additional 10 minutes until the topping is golden brown and the apples are bubbling and cooked through. Remove from the oven, allow to cool slightly and serve with cinnamon ice cream.
- Tip: If the topping gets too brown while cooking, shield with foil and continue baking until cooked through.
rate this recipe
Mushroom and Shrimp Stuffed Shells with Pesto Bechamel Sauce
Grilled Potato Salad with Scallions and Pepitas
Lemon Bar Slab Pie
Cheesy Chicken Sliders
Fried Rigatoni Poppers with Sausage
Rose Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes, Squash and Zucchini
Herb Rosti with Fresh Tomato Basil Salad
Cheesy Caprese Potato Bake
Halibut with Beefsteak Tomatoes
Guacamole with Savory Corn Cakes
Fried Eggplant Sandwiches with Harissa
Turkey Chili Burger