Easy Pie Crust
Don't miss out on an easy homemade pie crust recipe to suit all of your baking needs.
- step-by-step directions
Easy Pie Crust
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) cold Unsalted Butter (cut into 1/2-inch dice)
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (plus more for rolling)
- In a small bowl, dissolve the sugar and salt in the water. Refrigerate until very cold, about 30 minutes. During that time, refrigerate your butter, flour, mixer bowl, and paddle, too.
- Make sure your butter is cut into 1/2-inch dice. Bigger pieces will make your dough puffy. In the chilled bowl, combine the cold butter and flour. With your hands, toss the butter in the flour until each cube is lightly coated.
- With the chilled paddle, beat the flour-butter mixture on low speed to just break up the butter, about 30 seconds. Add the water mixture all at once and raise the speed to medium-low. Beat just until the dough comes together in big chunks, then immediately turn off the mixer.
- Divide the chunks of dough in half and very gently pat each group into a round 1-inch-thick disk. Wrap each tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour, before rolling. You can refrigerate the disks for up to 1 day or freeze for up to 3 months.
rate this recipe
Cajun Scallops with Grits and Tomatoes
Grilling Three Ways
Classic, Dry, Extra Dry or Extra Extra Dry Martini
Giant Donut Cake
Corn Fritters with Spicy Honey
Cantaloupe Agua Fresca
30 Layer Rainbow Crepe Cake
Craig T. Nelson's Chicken Burritos
Pan-Roasted Ribeye with Radishes
Grilled Hot dog with Corn Relish and Pickled Red Onion
Summertime Ambrosia Salad