Carrot Cake Poppers
The delicious taste of Carrot Cake with none of the guilt!
- step-by-step directions
Mini Carrot Cake Muffins:
- 1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (plus 2 tablespoons, divided)
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup carrots (peeled, about 2-3 medium sized, finely shredded)
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup walnuts (toasted, roughly chopped, plus more to garnish)
Honey Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 8 ounces whipped cream cheese (softened, room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line a 24-count mini-muffin tin with liners.
- For the Mini Carrot Cake Muffins: In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and salt.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together egg, oil, brown sugar, honey, vanilla extract, and applesauce.
- Add flour mixture to applesauce mixture and stir until just combined, taking care not to overmix. Gently fold in shredded carrots and raisins.
- In small bowl, toss the walnuts in 2 tablespoons of flour and fold into the batter.
- Pour batter into muffin cups, dividing evenly. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until toothpick pulls out cleanly when inserted into the center. Allow to cool.
- For the frosting: In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the whipped cream cheese, vanilla extract, honey and whip until light and fluffy.
- To assemble: Using a small metal spatula or knife, frost tops of muffins and sprinkle with chopped walnuts. Serve.
- Tip: Can't eat them all in one sitting? Freeze the muffins before frosting them for a late-night snack!
rate this recipe
Fried Rice Chicken Sandwiches
Mushroom and Shrimp Stuffed Shells with Pesto Bechamel Sauce
Grilled Potato Salad with Scallions and Pepitas
Lemon Bar Slab Pie
Cheesy Chicken Sliders
Fried Rigatoni Poppers with Sausage
Rose Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes, Squash and Zucchini
Herb Rosti with Fresh Tomato Basil Salad
Cheesy Caprese Potato Bake
Halibut with Beefsteak Tomatoes
Guacamole with Savory Corn Cakes
Fried Eggplant Sandwiches with Harissa