Cedar Plank Halibut with Corn Salad
The best way to grill fish!
- step-by-step directions
Cedar Plank Halibut:
- 4 (6-ounce) halibut fillets (skinless)
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 cedar planks (soaked in water)
- 4 ears corn (shucked)
- 1 clove garlic (peeled, minced)
- 1 jalapeno (seeds and ribs removed, minced)
- 3 limes (zested and juiced)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 hass avocado (peeled, diced)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 6 scallions (white and light green parts only, thinly sliced)
- 3/4 cup cilantro (chopped)
- For the Cedar Plank Halibut: Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Soak the cedar planks in water for at least 30 minutes prior to cooking.
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, add the soy sauce and honey and stir to combine. Allow to mixture to reduce by half, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat, and whisk in the mustard. Brush the tops of the halibut fillets with the soy glaze and place on the soaked cedar planks. Transfer the planks to the grill and place on the colder side of the grill. Cover and grill until just cooked through, about 10 minutes. Remove from the grill and serve with corn salad.
- For the Corn Salad: Preheat a charcoal grill to medium-low. Soak the ears of corn in their husks overnight in salted water.
- When ready to cook, put the soaked ears, still in their husks, on the grill. Close the lid and cook until tender, about 20 minutes.
- In a large bowl, add the garlic, jalapeno, lime zest and juice, and whisk in the olive oil. Season with salt to taste. Add the avocado, tomatoes, scallions, and cilantro and gently toss to combine.
- Remove the corn from the grill and allow to cool enough to handle. Peel the husks and silk from the corn and discard. Working over a large bowl to catch any juices, cut the kernels off the cob and fold the kernels into the bowl with avocado. Toss to combine and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Tip: Make the corn salad ahead of time and store in the refrigerator! Just add the avocado before serving.
rate this recipe
Fried Rice Chicken Sandwiches
Mushroom and Shrimp Stuffed Shells with Pesto Bechamel Sauce
Grilled Potato Salad with Scallions and Pepitas
Cheesy Chicken Sliders
Lemon Bar Slab Pie
Fried Rigatoni Poppers with Sausage
Rose Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes, Squash and Zucchini
Herb Rosti with Fresh Tomato Basil Salad
Cheesy Caprese Potato Bake
Halibut with Beefsteak Tomatoes
Guacamole with Savory Corn Cakes
Fried Eggplant Sandwiches with Harissa