Champagne in the cake?!
- step-by-step directions
- 3 egg whites
- 1 and 1/3 cup cups champagne
- 1 (15.25-ounce) box white cake mix
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
Champagne Buttercream Frosting:
- 2 sticks unsalted butter (softened)
- 4 and 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons champagne
- silver dragees (to garnish)
- For the Champagne Cake: Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Grease, two, 9-inch round cake pans with butter, line with parchment paper and dust with flour, tapping excess out.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add egg whites, champagne, cake mix, and oil. Mix on medium speed until fully combined, about 1-2 minutes.
- Divide batter evenly between prepared cake pans. Transfer to oven and bake for 23-28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cakes comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely. Once cooled, trim the tops of the cakes using a serrated knife to make flat and even.
- For the Champagne Buttercream Frosting: In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, add butter and whip on medium speed, until smooth. With the mixer running on low, slowly add the confectioners' sugar to the butter and increase speed to high. Add vanilla and champagne and mix until fully incorporated and the mixture is light and fluffy.
- To Assemble: Place one of the cake rounds onto a cake stand or serving platter. Top with a layer of the champagne frosting, spreading evenly across the top and around the sides. Use the remaining frosting to ice the entire cake.
- Garnish with dragees across the top. Slice and serve.
- Tip: Decorate the cake however you'd like to give it your own personal flair!
rate this recipe
Strawberry, Vanilla, and Cookie Dough Milkshake
Peanut Butter Espresso Milkshake
Amaretto and Chocolate Chip Milkshake
Pepper Steak with Broccoli Stem Salad
Grilling Three Ways
Cajun Scallops with Grits and Tomatoes
Classic, Dry, Extra Dry or Extra Extra Dry Martini
Giant Donut Cake
Corn Fritters with Spicy Honey
Cantaloupe Agua Fresca