Cheese Fondue never goes out of style!
- step-by-step directions
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 shallot (minced)
- 1 pound gruyere cheese (shredded)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- crusty bread (thinly sliced or cubed, to serve)
- apples (sliced, to serve)
- crudite (to serve)
- In a medium saucepan, combine the white wine and shallots. Place over medium-high heat and bring to a simmer. Reduce for 2-3 minutes.
- In the meantime, mix together the shredded cheese and cornstarch. When the wine has reduced by at least 1/3, whisk in the cheese/cornstarch mixture. Stir constantly until all of the cheese has melted then season with salt and stir in the Dijon mustard. Serve with your favorite dippers--crusty bread, apples, crudite, etc.
- Keep warm to serve.
Similar categories: Appetizers, Starters & Snacks Cheese Appetizers Dinner Courses & Meals French Cuisine
rate this recipe
Mushroom and Shrimp Stuffed Shells with Pesto Bechamel Sauce
Grilled Potato Salad with Scallions and Pepitas
Lemon Bar Slab Pie
Cheesy Chicken Sliders
Fried Rigatoni Poppers with Sausage
Rose Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes, Squash and Zucchini
Herb Rosti with Fresh Tomato Basil Salad
Cheesy Caprese Potato Bake
Halibut with Beefsteak Tomatoes
Guacamole with Savory Corn Cakes
Fried Eggplant Sandwiches with Harissa
Turkey Chili Burger