Your newest brunch dish!
- step-by-step directions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 leftover burger patty
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 eggs (cracked)
- 1 slice American cheese
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat a small saute pan over medium heat with olive oil. Add to the olive oil the leftover patty, and heat through while breaking up into small crumbles with a spoon or potato masher, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a small nonstick pan over medium heat, add butter. In a small bowl beat the eggs until frothy, set aside. Once butter slightly bubbles and then subsides, about 30 seconds, gently add the eggs and tilt the pan to spread the eggs into an even layer. Stir the eggs with a spatula until eggs are slightly set, about 30 seconds. Allow eggs to cook until edges are slightly set. Reduce heat to low and allow eggs to cook until set. Once the eggs have set, season eggs with salt and pepper, add the American cheese slices and top with the hamburger patty crumbles. Fold one half of the omelet over the other to create a half moon and serve immediately.
- Tip: If your eggs are cooking too quickly, lower the heat to medium-low or low to ensure the bottom of the omelet doesn't brown!
rate this recipe
Fried Rice Chicken Sandwiches
Mushroom and Shrimp Stuffed Shells with Pesto Bechamel Sauce
Grilled Potato Salad with Scallions and Pepitas
Cheesy Chicken Sliders
Lemon Bar Slab Pie
Fried Rigatoni Poppers with Sausage
Rose Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes, Squash and Zucchini
Herb Rosti with Fresh Tomato Basil Salad
Cheesy Caprese Potato Bake
Halibut with Beefsteak Tomatoes
Guacamole with Savory Corn Cakes
Fried Eggplant Sandwiches with Harissa