Cheesy Chicken Sliders
A great party dish!
- step-by-step directions
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 tablepoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried chives
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 10 ounces cream cheese
Toasted Slider Buns
- 4 slider buns
- unsalted butter (melted, to brush)
- 1/3 cup store-bought bacon bits
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese (shredded)
- For the Herb Blend: In a medium bowl whisk together the dried parsley, dried dill weed, garlic powder, onion powder, dried onion flakes, dried chives, and season with with salt and pepper to taste.
- For the Chicken: To the bowl of a slow cooker add herb blend, chicken breasts, and cream cheese set on high and, cook covered until chicken is cooked through, about 6 hours.
- For the Toasted Slider Buns: Preheat oven to 400ºF. Brush insides of buns with melted butter. Place cut side up on baking sheet and allow to toast, about 2 minutes.
- For the Chicken Mix: Once chicken in slow cooker is cooked, transfer mixture to a large bowl and use a handheld mixer at medium speed to shred the chicken, about 2 minutes. Add bacon bits and cheese to the chicken and mix until cheese has melted.
- Place chicken mixture on the bottom half of the toasted slider buns, top with the other bun halves and serve.
- Tip: Serve on a baked potato instead of slider buns.
rate this recipe
Fried Rice Chicken Sandwiches
Mushroom and Shrimp Stuffed Shells with Pesto Bechamel Sauce
Grilled Potato Salad with Scallions and Pepitas
Lemon Bar Slab Pie
Fried Rigatoni Poppers with Sausage
Rose Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes, Squash and Zucchini
Herb Rosti with Fresh Tomato Basil Salad
Cheesy Caprese Potato Bake
Halibut with Beefsteak Tomatoes
Guacamole with Savory Corn Cakes
Fried Eggplant Sandwiches with Harissa
Turkey Chili Burger