Dessert never tasted so good!
- step-by-step directions
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups fresh cherries (pitted) or 12 oz frozen cherries (drained)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 vanilla bean (sliced lengthwise and scraped)
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1/2 orange (zested, juiced)
- 1 pint vanilla gelato (for serving)
- In a nonstick skillet over medium high heat, add butter. Once bubbling, add cherries, sugar, scraped vanilla bean and pinch of salt. Cook until the sugar has dissolved, about 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add brandy and ignite. Extinguish flames by squeezing a 1/4 of your orange into the pan. Add zest of half the orange and set aside.
- Scoop ice cream into serving bowls. Pour cherries over ice cream and serve immediately.
- Tip: If fresh cherries are not available, substitute with frozen! Frozen will release more liquid, so cook an additional 5-8 minutes, until glaze-like, then add the brandy!
rate this recipe
Fried Rice Chicken Sandwiches
Mushroom and Shrimp Stuffed Shells with Pesto Bechamel Sauce
Grilled Potato Salad with Scallions and Pepitas
Cheesy Chicken Sliders
Lemon Bar Slab Pie
Fried Rigatoni Poppers with Sausage
Rose Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes, Squash and Zucchini
Herb Rosti with Fresh Tomato Basil Salad
Cheesy Caprese Potato Bake
Halibut with Beefsteak Tomatoes
Guacamole with Savory Corn Cakes
Fried Eggplant Sandwiches with Harissa