Chicken Alfredo Pizza
Can't get much better than this!
- step-by-step directions
- 3 chicken thighs (boneless, skinless)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (plus more for garnish)
- 1 ball store-bought pizza dough (room temperature)
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon garlic (peeled, minced)
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 and 1/2 cups milk
- 3/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano (grated)
- all-purpose flour (for dusting)
- 1/3 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano (grated)
- 1/2 cup fresh mozzarella (grated)
- 1/2 cup basil (torn, to garnish)
- For the Pizza: Preheat the oven to 425ºF and place a pizza stone in the oven to heat up. Set aside a baking sheet.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Transfer to baking sheet and cook for 20-25 minutes or until cooked through and a meat thermometer registers 165ºF. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly. Once cooled, thinly slice chicken.
- Meanwhile gently stretch the pizza dough into a 11-inch round on a lightly floured flat surface. Remove the dough round to a pizza peel and slide onto the pizza stone inside the oven. Allow to par-bake for 6-8 minutes or until slightly puffed. Remove and let cool.
- For the Cheesy Béchamel: In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, melt the butter and add the garlic. Allow the garlic to cook until softened, about 2 minutes. Add flour and whisk to combine, forming a paste. Slowly add the milk, whisking until smooth and season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and add the parmesan, stirring until melted and smooth.
- To Assemble: Add cheesy béchamel to par-baked pizza, top evenly with sliced chicken, and sprinkle with parmesan and mozzarella. Bake for 10 minutes or until crust is baked through and the cheese is golden brown. Remove from oven and garnish with basil and drizzle with olive oil. Slice and serve!
- Tip: Make extra sauce and pour it over roasted veggies for a luscious side dish!
rate this recipe
Fried Rice Chicken Sandwiches
Mushroom and Shrimp Stuffed Shells with Pesto Bechamel Sauce
Grilled Potato Salad with Scallions and Pepitas
Lemon Bar Slab Pie
Cheesy Chicken Sliders
Fried Rigatoni Poppers with Sausage
Rose Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes, Squash and Zucchini
Herb Rosti with Fresh Tomato Basil Salad
Cheesy Caprese Potato Bake
Halibut with Beefsteak Tomatoes
Guacamole with Savory Corn Cakes
Fried Eggplant Sandwiches with Harissa