Chicken Cordon Bleu
Perfect for dinner!
- step-by-step directions
Chicken Cordon Bleu
- 8 slices deli ham
- 8 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup panko
- 1 cup butter crackers (finely crushed)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- Top each ham slice with 1 and 1/2 teaspoons of Dijon mustard and top with cheese. Repeat with one more layer of ham, mustard, and cheese. Roll ham into a tight cylinder. Repeat with the remaining ham and cheese slices and set aside.
- Pat the chicken dry and season with salt and pepper. Cut a slit in the deepest part of the chicken, about 3-inches wide, and stuff the rolled ham inside. Cover with plastic wrap, transfer to a baking sheet and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Place a baking rack inside a baking sheet.
- Prepare a dredging station. In the first shallow baking dish, add flour, and season with salt and pepper. In the second, whisk together the eggs and water and season with salt and pepper. In the third, add the panko and butter crackers and mix to combine.
- Remove chicken from refrigerator and dredge in the flour, then the eggs, and finally, the panko, shaking off any excess. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet and bake until golden brown, about 30-35 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 160ºF - 165ºF. Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Tip: Make this recipe your own by stuffing the chicken with your favorite deli meat and cheese!
rate this recipe
Fried Rice Chicken Sandwiches
Mushroom and Shrimp Stuffed Shells with Pesto Bechamel Sauce
Grilled Potato Salad with Scallions and Pepitas
Cheesy Chicken Sliders
Lemon Bar Slab Pie
Fried Rigatoni Poppers with Sausage
Rose Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes, Squash and Zucchini
Herb Rosti with Fresh Tomato Basil Salad
Cheesy Caprese Potato Bake
Halibut with Beefsteak Tomatoes
Guacamole with Savory Corn Cakes
Fried Eggplant Sandwiches with Harissa