A flavorful chicken dish that everyone at the table will enjoy!
- step-by-step directions
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs (cut in 1-inch pieces)
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sake
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 5 teaspoons dark brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 clove garlic (peeled, grated)
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger (peeled)
- scallions (thinly sliced, to garnish)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- wooden skewers (soaked in water)
- In a small saucepan over medium heat add the soy sauce, sake, rice wine vinegar, dark brown sugar, chili flakes, garlic and ginger. Bring to a simmer and allow to cook until thickened, about 5-6 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- In a baking dish add the chicken pieces, pour over the thickened sauce and allow to marinate for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Adjust the oven rack to the top rack of the oven. Preheat the broiler. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Thread 3-4 pieces of marinated chicken onto the skewers and place on baking sheet. Place in the oven and allow to broil until caramelized on all sides and cooked through, about 2 minutes per side. Remove from the oven and garnish with scallions.
- Tip: Right before the potluck begins, place the skewers under the broiler again for 30 seconds to warm through.
rate this recipe
Fried Rice Chicken Sandwiches
Mushroom and Shrimp Stuffed Shells with Pesto Bechamel Sauce
Grilled Potato Salad with Scallions and Pepitas
Cheesy Chicken Sliders
Lemon Bar Slab Pie
Fried Rigatoni Poppers with Sausage
Rose Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes, Squash and Zucchini
Herb Rosti with Fresh Tomato Basil Salad
Cheesy Caprese Potato Bake
Halibut with Beefsteak Tomatoes
Guacamole with Savory Corn Cakes
Fried Eggplant Sandwiches with Harissa