Chocolate Pancake Roll
Too good to miss!
- step-by-step directions
Chocolate Pancake Roll
- 2 large eggs (whites and yolks, divided)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 and 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter (melted)
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (chopped)
- maple syrup (to serve)
- 3/4 cup pecans (shelled, toasted, roughly chopped, to serve)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- confectioners' sugar (to serve)
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Grease a nonstick baking sheet with butter and transfer to oven to preheat.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with the whisk attachment, add egg whites, and beat until stiff peaks form, about 2-3 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add milk, egg yolks, and melted butter, and whisk to combine. Add milk mixture to flour mixture and stir until just incorporated.
- Gently fold egg whites into prepared batter and transfer mixture to preheated baking sheet. Smooth into an even layer and transfer to oven. Bake until well risen and springy to the touch, about 6 minutes.
- Using an offset spatula, loosen the pancake from the side of the pan. Drizzle with the melted peanut butter and spread using an offset spatula and sprinkle with chocolate chips. Place baking sheet onto a cooling rack and allow chocolate chips to slightly melt into the peanut butter.
- Begin to roll the cake like a jelly roll, pulling away as you go.
- To serve, slice into rounds, drizzle with maple syrup, and sprinkle with toasted pecans, and powdered sugar.
- To Toast the Pecans: In a small saute pan over medium-high heat, add the coconut oil and pecans. Toss the pecans in the pan to evenly coat and toast, about 5-7 minutes, remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Tip: Alternatively, toast the pecans in the oven at the same time as the pancake roll, on a baking sheet, for 5-8 minutes.
rate this recipe
Fried Rice Chicken Sandwiches
Mushroom and Shrimp Stuffed Shells with Pesto Bechamel Sauce
Grilled Potato Salad with Scallions and Pepitas
Cheesy Chicken Sliders
Lemon Bar Slab Pie
Fried Rigatoni Poppers with Sausage
Rose Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes, Squash and Zucchini
Herb Rosti with Fresh Tomato Basil Salad
Cheesy Caprese Potato Bake
Halibut with Beefsteak Tomatoes
Guacamole with Savory Corn Cakes
Fried Eggplant Sandwiches with Harissa