There is nothing better than the taste of warm, homemade cinnamon rolls!
- step-by-step directions
- 1 envelope active dry yeast (2 1/4 teaspoons)
- 1/4 cup sugar (plus 1 teaspoon)
- 1/4 cup warm water (about 110ºF)
- 1 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted, plus 4 tablespoons to brush over the formed rolls)
- 1 large egg (beaten)
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (plus more for rolling)
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter (melted)
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- For the Dough: In the bowl of a stand mixer with a dough-hook attachment, combine the yeast, 1 teaspoon sugar, and warm water. When it begins to foam, add the 1/4 cup sugar, milk, 4 tablespoons melted butter, egg, and salt. Mix to combine. Gradually add the flour and slowly mix until damp, then mix on medium-high speed for 6 to 7 minutes, until the dough comes together. Continue to knead the dough for a few minutes, then put in a large, greased bowl, cover with a towel, and let rise in a warm place for about an hour, or until doubled in size.
- For the Filling: Combine the brown sugar, butter, and cinnamon in a bowl.
- To Assemble: Spray a 9-by-13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- On a floured work surface, roll out the dough to about a 12-by-18-inch rectangle. Spread the cinnamon-butter mixture over the dough, leaving a 1-inch bare border along one long side. Starting on the long side opposite the bare border, roll up the dough like a jelly roll. Seal the seam by pinching along the uncovered side.
- Cut the log into twelve 1 1/2-inch slices and place in the prepared pan. Cover with a towel and let rise for 45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Brush the remaining butter over the top of the rolls. Bake for 30 minutes, until golden.
- For the Icing: In a bowl, whisk the confectioners' sugar, milk, and vanilla together. Drizzle over the warm rolls when they come out of the oven. Serve warm.
- Tip: Use pizza dough instead of making your own dough for an easy shortcut!
Similar categories: Bread & Pastry Appetizers Muffins, Scones, Coffee Cakes & Other Sweet Breads
rate this recipe
Fried Rice Chicken Sandwiches
Mushroom and Shrimp Stuffed Shells with Pesto Bechamel Sauce
Grilled Potato Salad with Scallions and Pepitas
Lemon Bar Slab Pie
Cheesy Chicken Sliders
Fried Rigatoni Poppers with Sausage
Rose Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes, Squash and Zucchini
Herb Rosti with Fresh Tomato Basil Salad
Cheesy Caprese Potato Bake
Halibut with Beefsteak Tomatoes
Guacamole with Savory Corn Cakes
Fried Eggplant Sandwiches with Harissa