Crack open your favorite soda to add a unique taste flavor to this tasty cake!
- step-by-step directions
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup cola
- 6 tablespoons cocoa
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 stick butter
- 6 tablespoons cola
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease a 13 x 9 baking pan, set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, sugar and salt.
- In a sauce pan, add butter, cola and cocoa, mix to combine. Bring to a boil then remove from the heat and transfer to the bowl of a mixer.
- In a large bowl, combine buttermilk, eggs and vanilla. Add this to the mixer. Mix until well combined.
- With the mixer on low, add the dry ingredients to the wet in 2 or 3 incorporations.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
- For the icing: In a medium saucepan, add butter, cola and cocoa. Bring to a boil then remove from the heat and transfer to the bowl of a mixer.
- With the mixer on low, slowly add the powdered sugar until incorporated.
- Spread evenly over warm cake. Serve with fresh raspberries.
Similar categories: Ingredients Chocolate Chocolate Cakes Courses & Meals Desserts Cakes Holidays & Occasions Valentine's Day
rate this recipe
Cannelloni al Forno
Skordalia and Roasted Beets
Rock Shrimp and Egg Sandwich
Apple Tarte Tatin
Buttermilk Semifreddo with Candied Peaches
Cast-Iron Blueberry Cobbler
Green Chicken Enchiladas
Savory Breakfast Cauliflower Bake
Sausage Gravy and Bacon Biscuits
Italian Egg Boat