Who doesn't love a good Crab Rangoon?!
- step-by-step directions
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1/2 bunch scallions (finely chopped)
- 3 tablespoons cilantro (chopped)
- 8 ounces lump crab meat (picked through for shell)
- 1 package wonton wrappers (about 40-50 pieces)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
Sweet and Sour Dipping Sauce:
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 6 tablespoons sriracha
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 scallions (greens, sliced on a bias)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro (chopped)
- Into a medium bowl, add the cream cheese, lump crab meat, scalllions, and cilantro. Mix to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lay one wonton wrapper onto the cutting board, Keep the remaining wrappers under a damp towel. Place 2 teaspoons of filling onto the wrapper. Moisten the edges with a wet fingertip and fold into a triangle shape. Press together to seal. Place on the prepared baking sheet, cover loosely with plastic wrap.
- Preheat a Dutch oven to 375ºF with 3-4 inches of vegetable oil. Carefully add 10 crab rangoons to the oil. Using a mesh spider, flip them every few seconds. Cook until golden brown and crispy, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- For the Dipping Sauce: Into a medium bowl, add the vinegar, sriracha, honey, scallions, and cilantro. Whisk to combine. Serve with rangoons.
- Tip: Assemble the rangoons in advance and keep them in the fridge, covered with a damp towel until ready to fry.
rate this recipe
Chaufa: Peruvian Fried Rice (Nasi Goreng)
Greek and Italian-Inspired Stuffed Peppers
Skillet-Roasted Lemon Chicken
Asian-Stuffed Mushrooms with Thai Peanut Butter Sauce
Jerk Chicken Skewers
Sparkling Watermelon Agua Fresco with Basil Simple Syrup
Strawberry Lemonade Cake
Strawberry, Vanilla, and Cookie Dough Milkshake
Amaretto and Chocolate Chip Milkshake
Pepper Steak with Broccoli Stem Salad