Easy Tiramisu Cake
A super tasty (and simple!) Tiramisu cake!
- step-by-step directions
Coffee Marsala Syrup:
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 1 tablespoon Marsala wine
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar (packed)
Creamy Whipped Frosting:
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese (softened)
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar (plus 1 teaspoon, divided)
- 1 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract (divided)
- pinch Kosher salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 store-bought 9-inch round yellow cake
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (to garnish)
- For the Coffee Marsala Syrup: In a small saucepan over medium heat, add coffee, Marsala, and brown sugar and stir to combine. Cook until sugar is fully dissolved, remove from heat, set aside, and keep slightly warm.
- For the Creamy Whipped Frosting: In a large bowl, add cream cheese, 1/2 cup of confectioners' sugar, 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla, and a pinch of salt, stir until fully incorporated. Set aside.
- In a second large bowl, add heavy cream and whip until medium-stiff peaks form. Add remaining confectioners' sugar and remaining vanilla and stir to combine.
- Gently fold whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture and transfer to a piping bag fitted with a round tip.
- To Assemble: On a clean work surface, using a wooden skewer, poke holes halfway into cake, leaving an inch between holes. Carefully pour coffee syrup over cake. Garnish with whipped cream rosettes and a dusting of cocoa powder.
- Tip: Stir any leftover cake into vanilla ice cream for second sweet treat!
rate this recipe
Fried Rice Chicken Sandwiches
Mushroom and Shrimp Stuffed Shells with Pesto Bechamel Sauce
Grilled Potato Salad with Scallions and Pepitas
Lemon Bar Slab Pie
Cheesy Chicken Sliders
Fried Rigatoni Poppers with Sausage
Rose Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes, Squash and Zucchini
Herb Rosti with Fresh Tomato Basil Salad
Cheesy Caprese Potato Bake
Halibut with Beefsteak Tomatoes
Guacamole with Savory Corn Cakes
Fried Eggplant Sandwiches with Harissa