Egg Salad Sandwiches with Chive Mayonnaise
Who doesn't love an Egg Salad Sandwich?!
- step-by-step directions
Egg Salad Sandwich:
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup Chive Mayonnaise (recipe below)
- 1/4 cup parsley (finely chopped)
- 8 slices pumpernickel bread
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 and 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chives (roughly chopped)
- Place the eggs in a large saucepan and add enough water to cover them by at least 1 inch. Add 1 tablespoon of salt, then bring the water to a boil. Cover and remove from heat. Let stand, covered, for 10 minutes. Transfer eggs to prepared ice bath and allow to cool before peeling. Transfer peeled eggs to a cutting board and chop eggs into 1/2-inch pieces. Transfer chopped eggs to a large bowl, stir in the chive mayonnaise, parsley, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- For the Chive Mayonnaise: In the bowl of a food processor fitted with a blade attachment, add egg yolks, water, lemon juice, white vinegar, Dijon mustard,and salt and blend until smooth. With the motor running, slowly pour the vegetable oil into the food processor and blend until emulsified. Add chives and pulse until chives are finely chopped and well incorporated.
- To serve, scoop desired amount of egg salad onto 4 slices of pumpernickel and top with the remaining 4 slices. Stack 2 sandwiches on top of each other, skewer both sides of the stacked sandwiches and slice in half on the diagonal. Serve!
- Tip: Adapt this recipe using your favorite herb!
rate this recipe
Fried Rice Chicken Sandwiches
Mushroom and Shrimp Stuffed Shells with Pesto Bechamel Sauce
Grilled Potato Salad with Scallions and Pepitas
Lemon Bar Slab Pie
Cheesy Chicken Sliders
Fried Rigatoni Poppers with Sausage
Rose Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes, Squash and Zucchini
Herb Rosti with Fresh Tomato Basil Salad
Cheesy Caprese Potato Bake
Halibut with Beefsteak Tomatoes
Guacamole with Savory Corn Cakes
Fried Eggplant Sandwiches with Harissa