Everything Bagel Cracker and Spinach Dip
A tasty snack!
- step-by-step directions
- 1 head garlic (top removed and discarded)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup cream cheese (softened)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese (freshly grated)
- 2 cups frozen spinach (thawed and drained, chopped)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
Everything Bagel Cracker:
- cooking spray (for greasing)
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 11/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 Cup water
- 1 egg (lightly beaten with 1 tablespoon of water)
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon dried garlic flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon flaky sea salt
- For the Spinach Dip: Preheat the oven to 425ºF.
- Place the garlic head on a sheet of aluminum foil, drizzle with olive oil and wrap in foil. Place in the preheated oven and roast until soft and caramelized, about 40 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool. When cool enough to handle, remove the cloves from the skins and place in small bowl and mash with a fork. Measure out 2 tablespoons and remove to a large bowl. Reserve remaining roasted garlic for another use. Leave the oven on.
- To the roasted garlic, stir in mayonnaise, cream cheese, sour cream, Parmesan cheese and drained spinach. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove mixture to a 9X9-inch baking dish and place in preheated oven. Bake until golden brown and bubbling, about 20-25 minutes. Remove from the oven, leaving the oven on, and allow to cool slightly.
- For the Everything Bagel Cracker: Grease two baking sheets with cooking spray. In a small bowl, stir together the the poppy seeds, sesame seeds, garlic flakes, onion flakes, and flaky sea salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a food processor fitted with a blade attachment add the whole-wheat flour, all-purpose flour, salt and olive oil. Pulse until comes together. With the motor running, slowly drizzle in the water and blend until mixture forms small crumbs.
- Lay out one large sheet of plastic wrap. Place a quarter of the dough onto the plastic wrap, press down to flatten, top with another piece of plastic wrap. Using a rolling pin, roll dough to 1/16 inch thick, remove plastic wrap, slice into 2"x 6" rectangles, place onto prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Brush each bagel cracker with prepared egg wash. Sprinkle evenly with everything bagel seasoning and flaky sea salt. Bake until lightly browned and crispy, about 5-6 minutes. Remove and allow to cool. Serve with Spinach Dip!
- Tip: Top this cracker with your favorite seasonings to give it your own personal flair!
rate this recipe
Asian-Stuffed Mushrooms with Thai Peanut Butter Sauce
Jerk Chicken Skewers
Sparkling Watermelon Agua Fresco with Basil Simple Syrup
Strawberry Lemonade Cake
Strawberry, Vanilla, and Cookie Dough Milkshake
Amaretto and Chocolate Chip Milkshake
Pepper Steak with Broccoli Stem Salad
Peanut Butter Espresso Milkshake
Grilling Three Ways
Cajun Scallops with Grits and Tomatoes
Classic, Dry, Extra Dry or Extra Extra Dry Martini